“Solid choice for nights out”

Cafe Restaurant Florin
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Sucre
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Pretty decent music, a good happy hour and pretty good food.

Try the mexican tabla for 2, it was good and for 95Bs, good value as well. The mussakka wasn't amazing but I was pleasantly surprised by the food I tried.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

As with the others, we are surprised it is low down on the TA list. We have been here more than ten times (yes, that's a bit sad) as it's our fallback option because we know the food is good. We're really impressed with the variety of Mexican / burgers / soups / Asian food on offer and haven't been disappointed with any meal or service so far. We also spent one Saturday night having drinks in a fairly large group which led to dancing away in the courtyard outside when it turned into a discoteca with an outside bar. To be fair the absinthe may have contributed to our enjoyment levels but the point still stands!

I highly recommend the Mexican plata for two which offers great variety and pushes the limits to how much you can eat in one sitting. The free WiFi is pretty high quality as well so good for some lazy afternoon surfing / blogging / review writing!

I can't comment on the breakfast as haven't tried it here.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Echoing previous reviews, I'm baffled as to why this place isn't higher up on trip advisor. Really nice coffee, great food, good wifi. The menu has an international mix of food which sometimes means they are trying to do everything and failing but not here. An Indian style chicken dish with lentils and chutney was delicious as were all the Mexican options. We were told by a fellow diner that the English breakfast was great, one of the nicest they'd had in South America.

I'd definitely recommend this to fellow travellers.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I see this place getting mixed reviews which is odd because both times I went it was rammed with both tourists and quite a few locals.

The food was generally delicious - I had a burger the first time but was most jealous of the Mexican share platter my friends had - it looked amazing ( and tasted it they said).

The second time I ate there I had the local dish best described as random meat chunks with salsa dumped on top of fries - it was disappointing as it was small and I was still hungry after it indicating poor portion size.

If you want to eat local food go to a local restaurant - if you want good tasting western food with reasonable drink prices as the restaurant turns into a bar with dj at night then come for that.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were so happy to find this place after a few weeks of travelling in Bolivia. We had the pork ribs, blue cheese salad, burgers and lasagna over the few nights we were in sucre and were not let down by any of them! The prices are obviously higher than if you eat in the local food market, but are still reasonable (e.g 35 bolivianos for a burger and 40 for lasagna). Also happy hour between 9.30-10.30pm means mojitos or other yummy cocktails are by one get one free (so they work out at only 10 Bolivianos each) :-)