“worst coffee, worst pancakes.”
Review of Pueblo Chico

Pueblo Chico
Ranked #16 of 119 Restaurants in Sucre
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
new york
“worst coffee, worst pancakes.”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Honestly this was the site of perhaps the worst meal I ever had. Just coffee and crepes, but man, the coffee was putrid dishwater, and the "crepes" were cooked yesterday and served cold and rubbery. I paid, expressed my outrage, and left. This place deserves to be avoided.

• Visited September 2012

Paris, France
“Good crepes, nice service”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I love black cat so I tried this place; crepes and coffee are good for the breakfast, got some chicken for lunch which was very good too.

Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast, great staff”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had a great breakfast here and would highly recommend it on our experience. Food was really good. Staff were lovely and really looked after us. Awesome building and we loved the way it was decorated. Definitely a gringo friendly place, good place to go if you're feeling like a break from the bustling streets of Sucre. They have Wifi too, which is always handy.

• Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,863 helpful votes
“Duck Into this Place and Escape the Plaza”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The location of this place is excellent - right on the main square. You duck into a small doorway and enter a small cozy plaza with only a few tables. There is music here some nights - we saw the stage in the back but nothing going on when we were there.

Food was typical Bolivian with a few real treats. Ask the waiter what they're famous for - I enjoyed it, though it took TripAdvisor so long to list the restaurant that now I forgot what the name of it was. We had a nice bottle of wine, and the food was huge portions. Not expensive, more moderate priced.

We also had some kind of BBQ chicken which was not very good.

Not fancy, not perfect, but a nice change from the typical places you find around the square.

• Visited October 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Clueless Staff”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We went to this place for a drink and a snack and were not impressed at all.

The first problem came when the staff could not answer any questions about what kind of wine they sold. So we opted to get a beer each. We also ordered 'nachos with 3 salsas'.

The beers came and the glasses were very badly chipped and cracked. Then the nachos came out. These consisted of a packet of pre-flavoured tortilla chips dumped on a plate and served with thousand island dressing, a kind of thin aioli and a 'guacamole' (chopped and unseasoned avocado, tomato and onion). No cheese on the 'nachos'..

When I asked for the bill, the staff told me the price and I gave them a worn, but usable note. The waitress came back to me and asked if I had another one, because they didn't like it. I told them that there was nothing wrong with it and after a minute of discussion, they gave me my change and we left.

Pueblo Chico is located in the centre of the city and is nicely decorated, but unfortunately it is a victory of style over substance.

• Visited January 2012