“Feels like home”

Open Spanish - Day Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Spanish Lesson provides high quality instruction for students of all levels and ages. Our goal is to create an optimal learning environment allowing our students to learn and fully enjoy their experience. All of our instruction is private one-to-one lessons with tailor-made curriculum to meet the needs of each student. Teaching is balanced between the areas of writing, reading, and grammar
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

A Spanish school with a difference, Open Spanish has a homely feel, run by a wonderful family, who constantly go out of their way to give you a unique Bolivian experience. We were even invited to join in on their extended family Sunday lunch! Gonzalo is running an incredibly professional establishment, with attentive and flexible teachers, and in my week and a half of being here, my Spanish has improved enormously! The dormitory on site makes it so convenient to go to and rest between classes, with all the basic amenities, warm and comfy beds, and a fully equipped kitchen to cook up a storm with fresh ingredients from the market. The school is in a perfect location, 5 minutes from the main plaza, with covenience stores, an Irish pub and a popular bakery all right on its doorstep. I can't go on enough about how happy I was to have chosen Open Spanish.. I can now go out into the rest of South America with much more confidence to keep on learning. Muchas Gracias!!!

All reviews
"per day"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
"spent days"
"great place to learn"
in 5 reviews
"short period of time"
in 3 reviews
"travels in south america"
"improved dramatically"
"football match"
"great environment"
"second week"

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend & I had a great experience doing 4 days of Spanish classes. Open Spanish are really flexible to your needs and how long you do lessons for. We learned a great deal from our amazing teacher Shirley (thank you!!) . Lovely setting to improve your Spanish, wish we could have stayed longer!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Open Spanish. The location is great, the people are genuine and the instruction is personally tailored to your needs and interests. I spent 6 weeks studying here and loved every minute of it. Gonzalo and David were amazing teachers. They were always willing to answer my questions and talk about topics that not only helped me learn Spanish, but that enriched my understanding of life and myself through the process. Everyone at this school truly cares about you. The atmosphere is familiar and you always feel at ease. I already knew a bit of Spanish before arriving yet I learned so much during my time here. I truly feel confident speaking and expressing myself in this wonderful language, all thanks to the incredible and dedicated teachers here. I highly recommend Open Spanish....you won't want to leave!

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

Don't think, go now!
I spend there one week and it was a pleasure. Shirley you are fantastic.
Good organized classes, very individual.
I also stayed there: fully equipped kitchen, huge bath room, comfy bed, close to the main plaza and one of the best bakery nearby.
Thumps up!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Usually I tend not to recommend about stuff but this school and his staff really deserve it , if you are looking for a good place to learn spanish at south america, and especially at sucre - it's this place!
I've learned there spanish for about a month and i can see a huge difference between before and after.
Besides the school great level of teaching it has a great staff who makes you feel like you're in home again, they are very friendly and warm and provides you a great environment to learn.
I highly recommend this school and assure anyone who has doubts about this school - that he won't regret when choosing it! :)