Review Highlights
The greatest spanish teacher in Sucre !

Intensive flexible class, very helpful for our trip, amazing teacher (gracias Shirley!) with energy... read more

Reviewed 30 January 2019
Delphine P
via mobile
Enjoyable intermediate classes

Fantastic experience with Open Spanish school. My husband and I took classes 4 hours a day from... read more

Reviewed 22 November 2018
CareerBreakAdventure
United States
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sucre
All reviews spanish school per day my girlfriend half weeks amazing teacher muchas gracias travels in south america great place to learn having conversations spent two weeks shirley gonzalo classes grammar language students football
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I did a total of 3 and a half weeks at Open Spanish and it was amazing. I went from knowing no Spanish to being confident in any situation. Gonzalo who runs the school constantly went out of his way to help me and any other student that needed it. From running round a market with me trying to find shoes to fit my huge feet to going to the bank to help another student get her card back. All you needed to do was ask and he would help. It didn’t just stop during opening hours. I was taken to a local football game with Gonzalo and his Dad. We had a night out in a Bolivian karaoke bar with a couple of the teachers and had dinner with them too. You are made to feel welcome straight away and by the time we left we felt like family. All the teachers were friendly but I have to give a special mention to Shirley who was my teacher. She was extremely nice and warm and very patient with me and my ability to learn. I can not recommend Open Spanish enough.

¡¡¡Muchas Gracias!!!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took Spanish lessons over a week in Sucre - 4 hours per day. Gonzalo was very prompt in replying to my email by whatsapp before we started, answering any questions. The prices are very reasonable and Sucre is a lovely city to learn in.

Open Spanish were flexible with how we wanted to time our lessons and we found our teachers to be excellent and very patient with us beginners!

We were able to learn a good amount of Spanish to now practise for the rest of our travels in South America. We would highly recommend and return back - thank you!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend studied Spanish for just over 2 weeks at Open Spanish and we loved it so much we are now back for another week after travelling South Bolivia. Gonzalo the owner is extremely warm and welcoming and always eager to help you with anything you need. Like a previous review wrote you are not just a student here, they care about you as an individual. Shirley our teacher is outstanding and is also a very caring individual, who always has a smile on her face. All of the teachers here are extremely helpful and friendly. They provide you with many practical opportunities to support you in learning Spanish such as cooking classes, visits to tourist attractions and shopping in the central mercado or cafe with your teacher. We highly recommend this school to anyone considering learning Spanish.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Great Spanish school...i studied here for a week in August and really benefited from it.My teacher Alexandre was great and i found her methods really good and enjoyable,i had one on one classes and i think i made some really good progress.The classes are really informal after getting some of the basics down...which is great.The school is quite flexible too,so you can more or less study when you want during the day.I would tell my friends to go here if they want to learn Spanish in South America.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I studied here for 2 weeks and it was an amazing experience.

My spanish improved dramatically whilst at this school. What makes this school so great, is the people that work here and the way they teach. Gonzalo and the other teachers primarily care for you as a person, and not just about your money. I studied at one of the other schools which is very popular on trip advisor and this was not the case there. I also got to know all the teachers and the other students in other classes very well. They create a natural and warm social environment for everyone.

I took private classes with the owner Gonzalo as my teacher. He had many creative and practical ways to help me learn faster.

This is not related to Spanish classes, but some evidence to show you how nice these people are. I told Gonzalo I wanted to buy a guitar and also being a guitar player himself, he took me to all of the guitar stores in the city to help me find the right guitar to buy. This was outside of school time and he just did this because he is a great guy. Also I went to a basketball game with Gonzalo and Shirley one night after school and it was a lot of fun.

I'd also highly recommend doing a home stay whilst at this school. I stayed with a lovely family for a week and this also really helped me improve my spanish, but also get a glimpse into everyday family life in Bolivia.

Couldn't recommend this place more.

Date of experience: May 2017