“Very good hotel in central Sucre”
Review of Las Torres Hostal

Las Torres Hostal
Las Torres Hostal
Ranked #36 of 59 Speciality Lodging in Sucre
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The location of this hotel could not be much better, between the central market and the central square; I also found the service to be excellent, in contrast with some of the other guests. The breakfast was plain but this is true in Bolivia in general. I found the rooms delightful but I think I was lucky to be off the street, which is busy all night. An excellent travel agency is directly next door.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back, away from the street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Stay at this histel for 5 nights.due to sickness of my girlfriend longer than we actually wanted.first imoression was good.location clise to everything is good,and they have a nice patio and it was really quiet in there.
But the longer we stayed,the service got close to 0! Personell was very rude and non-existant.for everything you wanted ir is just normal and common,you have to ask.the staff at the front desk doesn't seem like they want to work,not willing to work.they were mire likely watching their soaps on TV.
When i was asking for add. Toilet papar because my girlfrien was sick,they told me there's only one paper roll per day.i'd have to pay for an extra roll of Toilet paper....unbelievable!
PLUS: they have in the common area a water dispenser, to fill your waterbottles.very nice,i thought.(that's really how a hostelshould work).but when i started to fill my 1.5 liter bottle with it,they told me that only one cup per person per day is allowed...:-(
That was def. Too much of unfriendly staff.they let you feel like you're nit welcomed!and we're not talking about a hostel valued 200 bolivianos....
Breakfast is lousy,nespresso pouder...arghhhh!
There are def. Better places to stay for your money

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This hostel decided to change the price of the private room when it came to checking out. Upon arrival the night staff agreed a price of 140 bol for the room. When we came to check out the reception staff charged us 200 bol. The night staff lied to my face saying i was wrong.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed at Las Torres for initially 3 nights but decided to change hotel after one night. At the day of arrival we booked 2 single rooms, for Bs 100 each, an economical deal. One of the rooms was very noisy (with all windows closed), the water pressure was little and the shower cold.

The promised "grande buffet" breakfast turned out to be basic continental. Later one we were told this was because of our low rate.. Afterwards we were treated in a quite rude way by the receptionist.

We decided to change hotels: good choice, better value, better everything.
If your in need for a room, its an ok option, but we suggest to take another place in the same neighbourhood for a more pleasant stay in Sucre.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed here for a week last month, and my feelings about the service was mixed (the rooms were ok, although the breakfast was poor). Alas, when I was checking out, I had my small rucksack stolen by thieves (I think there's a real problem with petty theft and noise with the street this hostel is on). The staff were pretty unsympathetic, and sought to lay the blame on me, even though I was robbed at the reception desk by a Bolivian man they just let in. Avoid, if you want to keep your possessions!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Nice rooms with the possibility to sit outside and enjoy the sun. Breakfast is included,a simple, but good enough breakfast. The hostel has a very good location very close to the main square. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2011

220 Bolivianos for an apparently nice and clean room...it was really nice but not clean: only perfumed. the carpet was full of dust. We stayed two nights and the room was not cleaned; when we asked for some clean towels they tried to give us dirty ones!!
breakfast is barely sufficient for the guests and it's not truly "a buffet" as they say.
We used their laundry service and they granted us our clothes would have been ready in the afternoon (...which afternoon?). we had to solicit them to have our clothes back at least the evening before leaving! Do read their quality policy...and laugh!
Value for money: poor!