“Wow!”

Good for: Romantic
Detroit
“Wow!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

INCREDIBLE food and service. White tablecloths, waiters in tuxedos, soup, tableside prepared salad, breadbasket, vegetable, AND potato served with the meal, then a fruit and nut bowl for desert...no extra cost! Love the menu and specials.

Visited August 2014

Taylor, MI
“Best downriver at any price. ”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A formal, intimate dining experience. The food is superb. Beef tenderloin with zip sauce was perhaps the best I'd ever eaten. My wife had shrimp which was served with very generous portions--she had to take some home. Kids had pasta dishes and loved them.

If you go, give yourself two hours. There may be a wait--the restaurant is small and they do not take reservations--but they will serve drinks while you wait. Once seated they will take your orders, prepare salad at your table, then serve soup before moving on the the entree. They won't rush your meal and neither should you.

Sides with our meal were green beans and potatoes. Both were delicious. The beans were prepared with garlic, and I want to find out how they made them so I can do the same at home!

Following the entree and inevitable carry-out boxes, they serve a bowl of fresh fruit and nuts at your table. I recommend ordering dessert if you have time. They can prepare a flaming dessert at your table that is a show to watch, not to mention a treat to eat.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The food here is the best! I love the atmosphere and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The Beef Marsala is the absolute best piece of meat that I've ever had and the sauce is outstanding! You will not be disappointed if you dine here. My favorite place downriver!

• Visited August 2014
Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
“This was some of the best eggplant parm that I have had.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife had the cannelloni and she loved it. She is a caterer so she is a food and she loved this place. The waiters wear tuxes and they fix the salad fresh at your table. After dinner you get a bowl of fruits and nuts to end the perfect meal. Well worth investing the time.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Guy H
East Lansing, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You'll love it or hate it.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A throwback to the '60s in both menu and decor. We visited the Saturday before Mother's Day, no reservations for groups under 6, every table full. Many extended families. The food was "ok". I ordered veal oscar. The veal was lovely but the "oscar" was obviously from a can and tasted tinny. Lots of sauce and presentation was "Mom in a hurry". The fruit/ nut bowl was superfluous and silly. I watched surrounding tables studiously ignore the bowl. I peeled an orange that was dry and flavorless...perhaps around since the '60s. Here's the thing, the place was jammed the entire time we were there. We all have those places we go to because they evoke fond memories, places where we no longer evaluate based on criteria we use for new dining experiences. So, for me it was a "new" place and one I would not revisit. (I've got my own mediocre Italian restaurant I've been visiting since the '70s.) For the families of great gran down to the baby on her lap, who have been visiting for decades, enjoy. It's about family.

Visited May 2014