“A good hotel”

Best Western Greenfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Allen Park
“A good hotel”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here as part of tour. The rooms were a little dated but they were clean and a decent size. The bar and restaurant are excellent with a good variety food on the menu. It also very close to the Henry Ford Museum.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hello,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your recent stay with a group tour. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Best of luck on your future travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2013

...this place was awful!

There were only 2 pros: The night manager, Heather, was extremely gracious and kindly offered to refund my entire stay, which happened eventually (explanation to follow). Also, the breakfast was really very good! When I first booked the hotel, I was told that there was a breakfast buffet (which they later claimed they never said). It was not a buffet. It was actually vouchers for their restaurant onsite. I was worried that the kid's portion would be too small, as we've had that happen at other places that offer vouchers for a restaurant, but it was more food than the children could even eat!

The bad stuff:

--Upon entering our room, it smelled like cat pee.

--There was a standing water puddle in the corner of the bathroom.

--Our son tried to turn on the lamp beside the bed and was shocked. I doubted him when he said that, but then he said that his hand and finger felt "numb and wobbly."

--Whoever took the picture of the pool is an amazing photographer. It does not look like that at all! The pool was cloudy and certainly not clean. It was sort of murky. That said, it was a very large pool. It had handicapped access, which is nice for those who need it (not us).

--Our carpet felt damp the whole time. It was sort of like when it's muggy outside and your carpets don't fully dry. That could be because.....

--Our ac didn't work properly. The desk sent the maintenance guy to help. He came quickly and I was thankful. However, he looked at it and said something about the exhaust blowing the wrong way. My husband said that whatever he was saying didn't make any sense. It never got very cool. I slept without blankets the whole time. Our swimsuits that we hung in the bathroom for 2 days never dried. My husband said that it was because the air wasn't circulating.

--Our room was not cleaned when we were there. The manager was genuinely shocked and did say that she'd check with the head of housekeeping to see what happened. I appreciated that. I did, however, have to go to the desk and get my own soap and towels each day.

--The sweet night manager offered to refund our entire stay--even our Henry Ford/Greenfield Village tickets. When I told her that I didn't think that was entirely appropriate because we were, in fact, receiving some services even if we were unhappy, she insisted. I appreciated her understanding. However, when I got the bill the next morning I was still charged for one night...at a higher rate than I even booked the hotel for. The lady at the desk quickly removed that charge too. I did keep my receipts just in case....

I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Kim B
Hello,

Please accept my deepest apologies for your recent stay at our hotel. I completely understood why you would be so frustrated with what you experienced, which is why I insisted on refunding your stay entirely. We have many programs in place in order to help prevent things that you experienced from happening and as I stated before they rarely do. We immediately put your room on maintenance so that we could address the problems you reported. Again, I apologize for your experience here. I hope that if you ever do come back to our area you would consider contacting me personally at 313-271-1600 to stay again so that we may have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed one night here in order to reach Henry Ford museum as it opens in the morning. The location is close to the park and as we arrived late, we appreciate the possibility to dine in the premisses until 10 P.M. The room was large and clean and had a really large tv screen. However, the room and bed linnen were a little old and the shower should be replaced. The receptionist was not ver friendly when we checked in, nor was the other one on duty when we checked out.

Wifi and parking were free.

The restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The waitress was very friendly and helpful though we wanted to eat just little before the closing. The menu was comprehensive for a motel and the prices were not high. We had the best Margaritas of the 10-day tour in North America.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 33tu
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Hello,

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. I have discussed your comments with the Front Desk staff regarding their service. If you have the time, would you please contact me at hbliss@bestwesterngreenfield.com regarding the issues with your room? I would like to look into that further but I would require additional information to do so. I appreciate you mentioning the restaurant and lounge staff in your review. One of our bartenders is known for her Margaritas and she will be thrilled to know that you mentioned them!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My family stayed here while visiting the Henry Ford. We bought the package deal, which ended up being a great bargain. Although the meal tickets for the package limited your breakfast choices, the staff allowed us to substitute in the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning. My son loved the pictures on the walls. The room was comfortable and spacious. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that your son enjoyed our collection of over 600 automobile prints! We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

COSTA RICA
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is the place to stay for visiting the Henry Ford. The staff was very very helpful. The restaurant had tasty food. The room was immaculate although the temperature was a little too cool for me but I'm old.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank COSTA4U
Hello,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here and your visit to the Henry Ford. We hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future.

Champaign, IL
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Best Western Greenfield Inn for two nights while attending a music festival in downtown Detroit. We selected this hotel because it fit our budget while offering a safer locale than the cheaper Detroit hotels. We were on the whole pleased with our stay: our room was comfortable and well-appointed, and the location made it easy to get in/out without having to deal with parking, sketchy neighborhoods, or a border crossing, as would have been the case at comparably priced hotels nearby. My only disappointment was the sauna, which was barely warmer than room temperature.

Oh yeah, and the hotel is pink. Really, really pink.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Hello,

I apologize about the temperature of the hot tub during your stay. It was discovered that one of the heaters was down. The heater has since been replaced. We hope you will come back again in the future to enjoy the amenities that we offer.

Alpha Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had stayed here 7 years ago, enjoyed it, and returned for a 3-day weekend visit to the Henry Ford, etc with me preaching at a Detroit church on Sunday.

At 4am the first night, the toilet refused to evacuate, there was no maintenance person available and the desk clerk and I looked for a plunger and could not find one. What could have been an awful situation was ameliorated by Shannon, who moved us to a nicer room at the same rate. Problem solved.

Since there are not other options nearby, we ate breakfast at the Inn each day and the food was never hot. Perhaps the cold plates, perhaps it takes them too long. Also, the restaurant smells like a bar the morning after. Yuck.

The room was large and comfortable, new tvs are nice, and the place was quiet even though bus loads of children (150 kids) were there.

The staff seems to want to do well, but they also seem to know they have real limitations on what they are able to do.

Room Tip: Rooms vary greatly in size and appointments, so ask what's what. Ask to see the room before y...