“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Allen Park
hanover pa
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay there 12,13,and 14th of July. The staff was so nice from the desk clerk to the shuttle driver to the staff in the restaurant.The package we received was the best shuttle service, museum tickets and breakfast vouchers, and to top it off they had 24/7 coffee and tea and cookies in the afternoon. There was a power outage on the 14th which did affect the ac and hot water this could happen at any hotel they had to order a part and could not get it until the next day but with all the the other perks it was okay. This hotel was also very clean, beds were comfortable and the restaurant food was fantastic I can not say enough nice things about the staff and there hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Heather B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Greenfield Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay due to the power outage. I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding. I am glad you still enjoyed your stay and were happy with the value that our Henry Ford packages offer. They truly are a great deal!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Athens, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is notably clean and the staff is exceptionally courteous and friendly. The decor theme is the auto industry and interesting items for all ages are everywhere. Pool, hot tub, and sauna are in wonderful condition with a great addition of enforced adult swim hours (from 9 on, so still plenty of family time). It is immediately off the highway but we heard no traffic noise.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our collection of over 600 automobile prints and we enjoy comments like yours that let us know you appreciated them.

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for 3 days in July. It's right off I-94 with easy access to the Ford museum & Greenfield Village. We had a King room in the back of the hotel, very quiet.
The hotel offers FREE shuttle service to the Ford attractions (it saves you $5 for parking each time). But what I liked BEST was their pool & hot tub (and the fact that you had adult swim time at 9PM that is INFORCED) A very nice outdoor area with gas grill & gazebos that is all fenced.
The front desk was very helpful with info on the area. A nice little restaurant is attached that serviced decent quality food. The hotel did smell alittle musty, the bathroom door opens right to the tub giving little space for the toilet. Wasn't happy to see a dog on a leash in the pool area after 10pm.

Hello,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I apologize about the dog in the pool area. That is not something that we allow and I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate staff members so something like that does not occur again. However, I am glad you still enjoyed our extra amenities such as the full size pool, courtyard and complimentary shuttle.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We chose to stay here because of other reviews and the price we got on Priceline. Upon our approach we saw it to be a stately pink property. I went to check in and immediately smelled a stale smoke smell. I was presently surprised by our room- very nice touches and triple sheeted beds. We had a microwave and refrigerator and flat screen tv. The indoor pool was large and the grounds nicely landscaped.
Early in the morning we were awakened to periodic smoke alarms. After a phone call to the front desk to complain we were given sincere apologies and free breakfast vouchers delivered to our door for our inconvenience .
I would recommend this older property that they have truly re-done in a stately manner.

Hello,

I apologize for the disturbance that you experienced during your stay. I am happy to hear that the staff took care of the issue for you. We hope that you will come back and give us another try in the future.

Dearborn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great room at a great price. The hotel staff was helpful and very kind. The room was very clean and the beds were awesome. The shower was hot with great water pressure! Our entire family showered and still did not run out. The pool and hot tub were a great plus!! It is close to Henry Ford and Greenfield village. The hotel staff was very helpful and accurate in giving directions. Def worth a repeat visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you come back again soon!

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I booked 5 days as part of a wedding party. I was given room 132. The toilet ran almost constantly, but that was minor. Then the hot water would not shut off in the sink. That made it more humid. Still minor. On day 4 the air conditioning just stopped & would not come back on. I notified the front desk & went out for a while. On returning, I found a 20" box fan in the room & the a/c not working. Told front desk & they said there was an ongoing problem with a/c on the 1st & 2nd floors & they could not get an a/c service person because it's Sunday. Gave me another room. Suite 340. Moved my things to the 3rd floor to a larger room with good a/c & found the tv remote controlled nothing. I could see out the window ALL of the side & back parking lot lights were out. In the morning, Surprise! NO HOT WATER! AND THE TUB WOULD NOT DRAIN! Called the desk & got this: "Oh, I'm sorry. we've been having a problem with the hot water since the power outage at about 4 o'clock. 2 hours later, checking out, I expressed myself & they took the last day off the bill. The bill was not an issue. All I wanted was a clean, comfortable room. 2 other members of our wedding party had to switch rooms because they were both first given a room with no air conditioning. I have family in this area & will book in the area again. But why would I come back to this or any Best Western? Oh, nice restaurant & bar.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn down the block.
1 Thank Mike D
Heather B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Greenfield Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hello,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 313-271-1600.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Despite the spotty reviews, we stayed here because the price was right and we had seen the hotel from prior trips to The Henry Ford years before. If you want contemporary, this is not your place. It is Victorian style from the exterior to the lobbies to the room. It is not meant to look modern, but you can tell from the bathrooms there have been upgrades.We did notice the musty/moldy smell when we walked into the lobby but were pleasantly surprised by our room on the second floor to the rear: small room but updated bathroom, clean and no mustiness. The linens are older and pilling.The hotel was initially well planned with the courtyards and gazebos and are well-maintained. The pool IS cloudy. They need to invest in new filtering system. We were trying hard to enjoy the hotel and all was well, until about 10:30 a guest with a small dog checked in and then proceeded to leave it all alone in a strange room. the poor dog yelped and yapped non-stop for 30+ minutes. You couldn't ignore it. We had a long drive and my husband needed to sleep. We called once- nothing happened, then again. The night manager, after being unsuccessful tracking down the dog owners, gave us keys to room 117, a suite, just so we could sleep for the night. Not the way to see the suite, we just wanted to sleep. We found out other guests also called and may have been given the same option. Responsible dog owners do not leave their pets alone in a strange place- the night manager was good to try to come up with a solution. Still not a relaxing stay. We were not offered a refund. It is close to Greenfield Village and The Henry Ford- just down Oakwood Boulevard.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking courtyards have a nice view. The suites are spacious. 117 overlooks a small fi...
1 Thank Vissidarte
Hello,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our hotel is unique because of our Victorian décor that also offers all of the modern amenities that travelers have come to expect. I apologize about the situation with the barking dog. I hope that you will come back again in the future to experience a much more enjoyable stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen Park
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
The Henry, Autograph Collection
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village

Been to BEST WESTERN Greenfield Inn? Share your experiences!