“Feels like home!”

Triangle Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have stayed at the Triangle Motel twice in the past three months. The room is clean; the water pressure in the shower is terrific and hot water is plentiful. The mini fridge and microwave is a nice touch for those who are traveling or staying in the area for a day or two. (We didn't use either one since we both our children live less than 2 miles away, but I did look inside and they were clean!) The on-site owners were friendly and accommodating to our check-in schedule.

Until our kids move out of the area, we will be staying at the Triangle when we are in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Waking up and seeing "Feels like home!" just got our day off a very good start! We are so glad that you have been happy with your room not once, but twice. We hope your kids choose to make Alma their permanent home!!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights in room #2. It was very clean and the housekeepers did a fantastic job. It was a very cozy room. The showers are nice and big and the hot water was wonderful. They give you vouchers for every night you stay for a coffee,cappuccino, or soda(per person) @ the gas station across the street(Citgo). The gas station has everything you need as well. $65.00/night very affordable. Only 15mins from soaring eagle casino. Will stay again next time I am visiting in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank TheNobles88
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We thank you for staying and for your review. We are glad you found your room to be cozy and clean. We are most pleased to hear that you will stay with us again if you are in our area.
We look forward to seeing you next time~
Michelle & Judy.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have stayed at the Triangle for the last 4 years while visiting our daughter at Alma college. The Triangle has always been immaculate and comfortable! Having attentive, friendly owners makes this the best place to stay in the Alma area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sandy S
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your review, however, it is bittersweet as we know our visits are coming to an end. It has truly been a pleasure getting to know you all and being your place to stay in Alma. We thank you for all the times you have stayed with us and all the conversations we have had. We will see you in the spring, if not before, for the big finale!

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed for many stays
Excellent value & clean. A gem. Best in Alma area rooms always clean. A piece of enjoyment locally. Don't look any further for perfection. A plus motel for family & friends. Will recommend to my friends for their Alma stays.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cpimji2
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your review and continuous support of our motel. We do appreciate both so very much. See you next time!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay. the room was number 9 it was roomy with good beds that were comfortable. the service was very good with friendly staff, enough parking with a nice sitting area outside of rooms. along with a nice yard and picnic area. it was very clean, and conveniently located, with easy access to the highway.

Room Tip: room 9 was very nice with plenty of room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg B

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to hear feedback from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Judy & Michelle

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here two nights while in Alma to participate in my college class's fiftieth reunion.

The very reasonable price reflects the fact that the accommodations are basic. But, surprisingly for the price, the details of the various basic elements were quite perfectly implemented. My room was immaculate, attractively decorated and featured a very comfortable bed, other useful pieces of furniture, a large modern TV, a small refrigerator and plenty of hanging space (and hangers) for clothes. The bathroom was also spotless, featured a good quality European-style shower head (usable fixed or hand-held) - and provided truly hot water around the clock. Nowhere in either room did I find evidence of wear and tear or shabbiness of any sort. There was easy-to-use WiFi .

The location, for a very conveniently close to the main north/south highway establishment, was definitely above average - with a large grassy treed area across a small driveway from the room doors. There was occasionally some engine noise from vehicles on the smaller road into Alma on the other (rear) side of the building, but it did not interfere with my sleep. This sturdy older (though beautifully renovated and maintained) building provided excellent insulation from the bit of traffic noise and from the sounds of other visitors (the place was full up both nights I was there - but I never heard any evidence of the other people through the apparently thick walls).

Lastly, the two women who have long owned and operated this small motel are terrific - professional, friendly and helpful. For example, since I ended up arriving long after the time they generally close up the office (I got in close to 11 p.m. rather than the 7 or 8 I'd been aiming for) they left the room open for me and let me take care of the formalities the next morning. And though I had taken the room for three nights (to cover the unlikely possibility that I might want to stay one more night after the festivities ended), I decided to head out after the first two nights. But when I insisted that I pay, as I'd promised to, for all three nights they were equally insistent that I get my money back for the third night. The matter was resolved, happily for both sides, by their managing in just a quick call or two, to arrange for someone on their "wait list" (yes, they had one!) to take the newly available room.

By the way, small can be very nice: with no more than ten rooms, all are ground-level, so it is simple to pull in and park - so very conveniently - right in from of one's door. And the office is just a few steps walk for any visitor.

If I visit my old alma mater another time, I'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank grandmaEthel

Thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate all the reviews and it's always interesting to see what "amenities" and features are important to and noticed by guests. We have tried to anticipate guests needs and are pleased when it seems we have met those needs. We wish you well and hope to see you for the next reunion!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at the Triangle Motel on a weekend trip for races at Stanton Michigan. What a treat is was to stay there. We were welcomed at the desk, and they were so helpful with directions and other questions we had. The rooms were spotless, the beds comfy and we really enjoyed our stay there. Im sure we will head back to Stantan races again, and will most definitely stay at the Triangle! Thanks
Carrie De Schutter

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CarrieFD
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that your room matched your expectations and that you were pleasantly surprised. We hope to see you (and your friends) next time you are in the area. Thanks again,
Michelle & Judy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Saravilla Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
#8 of 14 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Triangle Motel? Share your experiences!