“Excellent older motel”

Triangle Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Clean, quiet, friendly. 5 stars at this price. A/C, shower, hair dryer, free WiFi. Remodeled, nothing is too old. Very comfortable bed. Small room, but has a desk, plus small table and chairs, refrigerator and microwave. Outside door, easy free parking. Easy access from freeway. No pet smell. Nonsmoking. Some people would choose to pay twice as much to also have tub, larger room, pool, gym, breakfast, or other amenities, but the Triangle suited me fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your review. It's always good to get good reviews, but even a bit better to get one from someone who stayed while we were away. Glad that you were happy with your room and good to know things were running smoothly while we were away. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The Triangle Motel was very reminiscent of good times gone by. A clean room in a quiet setting. A perfect affordably priced night. The owners are super people who really do care about your satisfaction. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a wonderful surprise with this motel. I didn't know what to expect, but the room was awesome. So clean and comfortable. Easy access to the highway. I highly recommend this place.
Owners are great people too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We love it when we are a "wonderful surprise"! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I do work in Ithaca, MI, and occasionally choose to spend the night nearby so I don't have to drive from Detroit in the morning. The first time I did this, I.stayed in a horror of a motel that shall remain unnamed. This time, I discovered the Triangle Motel, and I'm so glad I did. The room was clean and well-decorated, has a fridge, microwave, and flat screen tv, a desk with a lamp, and a cozy retro chair and ottoman. The owner, who is on premises, was SO nice and brought me a heater in case I was cold (I wasn't), and she asked me how I liked the room.

The owners have obviously put a lot of effort into making this motel comfortable and pleasant. Next time I'm in the area, I will without hesitation stay at the Triangle.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank bethmsgr
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

As always, we appreciate when our guests take the time to write a review for us. We are happy you found us and look forward to earning your business each time you are in our area. Our goal is always to have happy guests, so we do like to ask how everything is if/when we see them! Thanks again,
Judy & Michelle

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This is what motels use to be! Clean, great beds, and quaint. We needed a place to stay because my husband and I were at a concert in Mt Pleasant and it was over at 10 and we live 2 hours away. All the rooms in Mt Pleasant were taken due to graduation. I saw this on Trip Advisor and we saw the great reviews! I would stay here again over getting a place in Mt Pleasant! Thank you!

Stayed: May 2014
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you found your room to be clean and quaint, it really is what we strive to be. We hope to see you next time you are in our area!
Thanks again,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

For two years running ( pun intended), we have used this motel as a "base" for our participation in the Shepherd Maple Syrup 5K, which is 10 minutes north. It fits our needs exactly: clean, reasonable and accommodating.

Room Tip: Road noise is an issue but we knew this ahead of time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

We thank you for staying with us again this year and for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently were in Alma to attend a graduation exercise, and opted to stay at the Triangle Motel....what a pleasure! The person who greeted us at check-in was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Our room was spotless, and the bed comfortable--what more could one ask?
Sadly, after checking out and some miles away, I realized I had left a precious diamond ring on the microwave oven while applying hand lotion. Worse, I left the door to the room unlocked when we departed. I telephoned the motel in a panic, explained my mistake, and was assured by the woman who answered that she would check and get back to me....Within minutes my cell rang (a long-distance call for them) to announce the ring had been found and would be kept safe until my return. So in summation, Triangle Motel is CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, and the women who run it are WARM, CARING, and HONEST. They even refused to accept money to cover the long distance call!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol T
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write a review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found your room to be comfortable and clean. As for the ring, we always do our best to reunite forgotten items with their owners!
Thanks again,
Michelle & Judy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
#5 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
#8 of 14 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Triangle Motel? Share your experiences!