“This Little Gem is Worth the Drive”
Review of Triangle Motel

Triangle Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“This Little Gem is Worth the Drive”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Triangle Motel after looking for a quick weekend getaway. The reviews said the rooms were small, but I found our room to be cozy. We didn't need any more space than what the room had to offer.

The owner we spoke with was friendly and remarkably accommodating. She gave us great suggestions on where to eat, left homemade cookies in our room, and let us borrow a hair dryer. There aren't many hotels that provide that kind of service.

I noticed that the bed was very firm and was a bit worried about the quality of sleep I would get, but my partner and I both slept very well. The room was kept at a comfortable temperature and the water pressure was impressive. Again, things that you don't find often in chain hotels.

I'd stay at the Triangle Motel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScrantonVeda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 30 January 2011

This is a great place to stay. Room is small but I did not need more. It was cold, almost to cold when I entered, but by the early a.m. when I awoke it was cozy warm, regulated by the office by the way. Very prompt and courteous staff. Bed was very comfortable. I researched this place before arrival and the price was $5 more but was still a good buy. I wish they had a secure wireless also. Driven by this place many times and was unaware of it, good to stumble upon. I will be back an have recommended it to others.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tallcowboy
Alma, Michigan
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Fabulous stay over the last 6 months. Great Value, Clean, Friendly and quite. Centrally located to any where you need to go or anything you may have forgotten and need to get. The Best Kept Secret in Michigan.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My husband & I and our friend stayed here at the end of a long, rainy day of driving. The rooms were very clean, simple and attractive, with flat screen TVs and internet access. The owners were helpful and friendly. The rates were half of what we had been quoted in a nearby larger town. The exterior is plain, except for the pleasant garden in back, and I don't think we would have found this motel without the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. It was such a pleasant experience, I saved the address for three months until I got around to writing this. It was our favorite of all the places we stayed in a two-week driving trip, as well as the most reasonable in price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I don't typically stay at anything less than a three or four star hotel but in this area, options are limited so we decided to give the Triangle a try. We've stayed there 3 times in the past 7 months when I am back home visiting family. The first stay was a little disappointing as the room smelled of smoke. However, the ladies that run the hotel have done so much work (new mattresses, carpet, etc.) since Michigan's smoking ban and our last 2 stays were awesome! (Room 1 is my favorite).

The rooms are small but very comfortable and did I mention, CLEAN?! I am extremely picky about things and they do an exceptional job at keeping the rooms spotless.

Bottom line, this is a great place if you are looking for a clean, comfortable motel that is an exceptional value for your money. I have spent far more on "fancier" hotels that have been far less clean. Granted, there aren't a ton of amenities (bring your own shampoo/conditioner/kleenex, etc.) but the room rate is so ridiculously low that you really can't expect them to provide those types of things.

Finally, the ladies that run this place are two of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. For some of our longer stays (7+ nights), we returned to our room to find home made cookies!

I've stayed at other places in the area but for value and cleanliness, the Triangle wins hands down. Give this place a try--I think you will be pleasantly surprised like we were!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmi1003
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I grew up in Alma and went back for my 40th high school graduation reunion. I found the other positive reviews surprising because I remembered how it ued to be. I found the staff to be friendly, helpful and very nice. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Yes the rooms were small but we only needed to sleep there. This is not a resort, it is a comfortable place to sleep. The price was great and it would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Great staff, friendly service, small town, has a great homey feeling, allows pets which is a big plus! I will always stay here when in the area if they have an available room. We love it here. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Maxfield's Inn
Maxfield's Inn
#1 of 1 in Edmore

Been to Triangle Motel? Share your experiences!