“Room was fine, look elsewhere for dinner”

Woodridge Inn & Suites
Woodridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Alma
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I spent one night here as part of a multi-day bike trip. I stayed in a room on the first floor. (Just as an FYI, all rooms are outside access, and there is no elevator to the second floor. This is definitely closer to a motel than a hotel.

My room was small but clean and the bed was reasonably comfortable. Based on a previous review, it looks like their TVs have been upgraded. I did notice in the bathroom that the floor tiles were so poorly laid that many of them were cracked. But I saw no bugs and the water was fine. They also have a guest laundry for $3.00 per load, which was very helpful to me.

According to the desk clerk, the hotel owner also owns the Big Boy next door, and I got a coupon for 10% off dinner, and another for breakfast. Based on my dinner I wouldn't recommend it. The place was empty and the food was average or below. Perhaps their breakfast is better.

Since I all really needed was a bed for the night and a quick dinner, I consider the place a good value for what I paid. But I will investigate other options if I'm ever back in Alma.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Cousin_Jeff

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This Hotel Should be torn down. The rooms smelt like mold and mildew which they tried to cover up with alot of deoderizer. Their were 3 cockroaches in my first room and i went to change rooms then there were 5 cockroaches waiting for me in the next room i went into. The staff was smoking outside my room which made my room smell like smoke even when i asked them to move they went down 1 room and i could still smell them. Overall it was a terrible experience and will never be returing to this DUMP of a hotel again. Days inn did the right thing in closeing this place. And the owner Vipen Keterphal or what ever his name is should of tore it down and made it into a parking lot. They should stick to owning gas stations not hotels

Room Tip: There are good ways to choose a good room they are all disgusting and dirty!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank HotelGURU16
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Perhaps the most disgusting hotel we ever stayed in. We went to the local Walmart for blankets and towels so we wouldn't have to use theirs. This was the only available motel in town so we were stuck. Doesn't seem safe, rooms are seriously outdated, killed multiple bugs. Beds are so uncomfortable. Run from here. Fast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank webs28
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here with our daughter's basketball team. The rooms were average at best. This is a motel with exterior entrances (no interior corridors), which made for a cold walk back to the room from the indoor pool. A few of the rooms were nicer than others and some had a funky smell. They seemed clean, but I was afraid to go digging to see how clean (or not clean) they were. The pool was large and very warm, according to the kids. It had a shallow end (3 ft) and a deep end (8 ft). No breakfast was offered, but each room did receive two $5 coupons (per night) for breakfast at the Big Boy located right next door, which we did choose to use one morning. For $55/night, plus $20 in coupons, this place was cheap - but it definitely wasn't fancy.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank coacheswife74
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We found the staff to be very friendly and courteous, The Inn is not new but it is maintained and the rooms where very clean. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning to the area and will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ladysilverfox
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed here with a big group for our daughter's softball tournament. When we checked in, the first room smelled so strong of cigarette smoke. We asked to see another room, and the next one we saw smelled like mold / mildew so bad it burned our noses. The 3rd room was slightly less stinky, so we took it. After the games, we returned to our room only to find that that the air conditioner didn't work. It was a 90 degree day and our room was an oven! We had to get a 4th room...that room was just as stinky and filthy as the previous 3. I was reluctant to even sleep in the bed! The shower had huge cob webs in the corners. The carpet was filthy, the windows looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks! Our door always stuck and once when I got locked out because it was jammed shut, the assistant manager came to show me what I was doing wrong...she couldn't open it either!! So her solution? Rip all the weather stripping off so the door wouldn't stick!!!
One of the men in our group asked if we should take shifts sleeping since it seemed like such an unsafe area! Another lady had to leave because the mold and mildew was making her ill. No continental breakfast like most hotels. The food in the vending machines was expired and stale. The water smelled horrible. The TVs in the room were very tiny and out dated. There was no food or drink allowed in the pool area. It was truly the worst motel I'd even seen and I highly recommend you continue your search...do NOT stay here!!!! (side note...Kristy at the front desk was very pleasant and polite)

Room Tip: Dirty! Falling apart...bugs, filth, stinky!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank KarieCarter
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Yes It is an older hotel, but you can tell its remodeled. Rooms were cozy and staff was very nice! Its not a Hampton Inn But a nice small town hotel. AS FAR AS THE OTHER REVIEWS it was a completely better stay. Maybe at one point it wasn't as good as now but I had no problem. I travel a lot and trust me on this the rooms are much better then most small town places. People have to take inconsideration that its not a suppose to be a fancy place, just a comfortable nice place to stay. The pool was great, it was very warm. The only bad thing was the phones don't connect out of the hotel but thats not really a big deal being most people have cell phones.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Travelease70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
#2 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Saravilla Bed and Breakfast

Been to Woodridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!