“Smelly & Dirty!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!”

Woodridge Inn & Suites
Woodridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Alma
Zeeland
“Smelly & Dirty!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at! Rooms were smelly and dirty, staff was useless, they had "no authority" to do anything! Cancelled our last night stay and 3 out of 4 in our party received a refund 4th person is still waiting! This hotel needs to be closed down by the health dept!! The smell of mold is overwhelming, please do not stay here!!

2 Thank cherriejo
23Manager22, Public Relations Manager at Woodridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Though we apoligize for any inconvienience you feel your party endured while staying at our facility we do believe we do the best to our abilities to assists our guests in their travels. Our hotel is a vintage hotel of Alma and does not always please the more modern tastes of some of our travelers but we do offer clean rooms that are double checked by staff members.
As always we appreciate our patrons
-Holly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family and I stayed once again and had a great time. The staff was great and the rooms were clean. Most importantly the price is right. Got my vote. I unlike these other reviews on here have never had a problem with my stay and will return again.

3 Thank J4928MVJames_B
Alma, Michigan
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Dirty, stinks, a.c didn't work, changed rooms and carried multiple mini-fridges upstairs myself and none of them worked, couldn't get a manager to even call me back. Be smart and stay elsewhere, anyplace else would be a wonderful alternative to this place,

1 Thank forehand00
We do apologize for any issue you may have had while staying at our hotel. I was not aware of this situation. Should you be in the area I would be happy to speak with you regarding this incident.
-Holly

Travellers are raving about these Alma hotels

coopersville
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Where do I begin! First I was overcharged. They did my reservation with a holiday rate and we checked in on June 25 and were going to stay three nights. No holiday in sight. When I brought this to their attention the front desk told me they were not authorized to change it and would leave a note for the manager who would be in in the morning. Spoke to the manager in the morning and there was no note but she did refund the difference to my card. Told me it could take up to thirty days to hit my card.
The room and bedding smelled. The mattresses were hard because they were so old. Bedding was stained. Bathroom fan didn't work, had to plunge our own toilet.
We let them know the first morning that we were CHECKING OUT EARLY and cancelled the third night. Since it was a day that the manager was in she was able to refund us one night but again it could take up to thirty days to hit my card.
They advertise a free breakfast which is really a five dollar off breakfast at Big Boy across the parking lot. The food and service at Big Boy was the ONLY good thing about the stay.

At least we paid by credit card. Someone else with our group paid in cash, cancelled their third night on time and was not given her cash back by the manager. Manager told her she was not authorized to give her back cash and would see what she could do. A day later and still no cash. Front desk won't call the manager or give her the owners phone number.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Unfortunatly, we as humans tend to make mistakes, but yes we will correct them as we did in your case. We apologize if your stay was less than desired. We are a privately owned and operated non-franchised hotel. We offer clean affordable rooms with a nice indoor heated pool. We strive on friendly service and accomadating our guests to the best of our abilities, we do our best to make them happy and make their stay as pleasurable as possible. We apologize if this did not suit your needs. We appreciate you staying with us.
- Holly
NEW YORK
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Reply to me from front desk staffer after I dialed reception and no one picked up: "Oh, the phones in the room don't work. I don't know why they don't just rip them all out of there."
Arrival at Room - disappointment and stale air smell. Windows nailed shut.
Maid - did not visit our room to clean once.
Microwave - when you plug it in the light goes on - nothing happens otherwise.
Door stoppers - rubber stopper off, sharp broken wire tip
Light Switch Plates - cracked
Tub - rust line from taps to drain. Brown water from tap for first few seconds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Though we apologize for any inconvienience you feel you may have incurred while staying at our hotel we can assure you we have a clean bill of health through our annual health inspections at our county health department located in Ithaca, MI. Thank you for staying with us.
- Holly
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2014

An incident took place evening of 4/11/14 around 11:45 PM We checked into Room 110 at the Woodridge Inn and Suites. When I went to lay down and the right side of the bed (which was on my left laying down on my back) collapsed causing me to roll toward the floor and my left knee somehow turned the opposite direction causing severe pain to my left knee and severe discomfort throughout the night in severe pain unable to sleep at all. Took pictures of the bed that was apparently damaged prior to my arrival. I took a picture of the bed empty showing that no one would know it was broken then I had my son sit on it showing the sag with him at 120 lbs. I weigh 280 lbs. I later looked under the mattress and found that the box spring was broken.. Checked out around 6:00 AM spoke to the receptionist
at the Woodridge Inn and Suites Motel in Alma MI. Asked for an Incident report to be filled out and her response was “we have no incident reports”
I asked the receptionist to come to Room 110 and confirm what happened and she complied. She advised me that management knew that there were damaged furniture and beds throughout the hotel but management ordered that the rooms be sold anyway. The receptionist advised me that she witnessed me walking in with no limp or pain.
So at that time I requested that Law Enforcement be called.
Gratiot County Sheriff’s Office responded and took the incident report
I continued on my way to my event. Luckily my foster son and a friend helped me with the activities for the day. Otherwise the trip to Michigan would of been a total waste. I called several times asking to speak to the manager and have been denied or he/she does not want to take my call. I requested insurance information they refused to give it to me causing me to seek out an attorney. I had to go to the Dr. and was diagnosed with a torn miniscus requiring surgery because of their negligence. The management still refuses to return my call

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here before and have always had good luck. This time we stayed under new management and it was better. New suite with a nice area for the kid. Now a pet friendly hotel making it possible to bring our pet. Our dog broke it's leash and the staff helped us find him. Very helpful and accommodating staff, friendly environment.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank decertification
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Courtyard Mt. Pleasant at Central Michigan University
Courtyard Mt. Pleasant at Centra...
#5 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
#2 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant

Been to Woodridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!