“Awful”

Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: American
“Awful”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Do not believe the review with 4 stars. This place has seen better times. The food was just OK, but I couldn't get past the filthy carpeting and peeling paint. This general lack of attention certainly shows. I understand it was a Sat at 12pm, but it looked like the regular wait staff had the morning off, and had lined up the teens to cover. Now they did a great job, but this just added to the general shabbiness of this place.

• Visited May 2013

Mount pleasant, MI
“Hidden gem roadhouse”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Lived in the area for 6 years now and only just discovered this hidden gem for super breakfasts served all day. Kinda shabby, no frills interior, attached to a Shell station, but don't be put off by the looks: the breakfast foods, at least, are fabulous! I had the Train Wreck omelet: 3 eggs, corned beef hash, and jalapeño slices. Best omelet I have ever had! Totally agree with the other reviewer that the corned beef hash is to die for.

Respect the staff and they'll give you great service.

Lunch sandwiches and dinner entrees available too. Can't speak to their quality because I haven't tried them, but definitely highly recommended for breakfast any time of day!

1 Thank gibbro
Covington, KY
“The name got my attention, the breakfast will bring me back”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I almost didn't see the place because it's attached to a Shell station. I asked my aunt and uncle (who live in the area) if it was any good and they said yes. You enter through the Shell station's store. There's a u-shaped counter just inside but also many tables and booths. There's a big chalk board on the back wall so it appears they have specials later in the day - there's also a salad bar. They have several speciality breakfasts or you can build your own from an ala carte section. The menu also has many lunch and dinner options including broasted chicken which I'll have to check out on my next visit. Breakfast is served all day. I ordered corned beef hash & eggs. The hash came out in a bowl with 3 eggs on top (I had them over easy to mix better with the hash). This comes with either pancakes or toast. I chose pancakes but also got a side of white toast to dip into the egg/hash mixture. The bread was thick cut and toasted perfectly and came buttered. The 2 pancakes were light & fluffy and tasted very good and soaked up the syrup without making them soggy. The hash was great - moist, tasty, and not too salty. Often you can get hash that's dry or too greasy and full of salt. The eggs were cooked just as I ordered them. The coffee was excellent. Service was fast and attentive. Special mention goes to my server, Dana. The restaurant is on M46 (aka W Monroe Rd). From Alma head toward St Louis - from St Louis it's just before the US127 interchange.

• Visited January 2013