“Nice Place”
Review of Alma Motel

Alma Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Alma
Reviewed 11 September 2012

As advertised. The place in nice and clean. So are the prople that work there!! We used to live in Alma and are happy to find a nearby location we like!! Great for the price! The rooms are not very big, but it's not like we came there to spend all day in our room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd L

Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

Generally clean but everything is falling apart in this old motel. Sheets with holes in them. Burned out light bulbs. Dirty old bathroom fixtures.
At check in the front desk clerk (owners daughter?) never smiled and didn't say 10 words total. Creepy.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I can overlook a lot of faults in a hotel. I don't care how out-of-date the decor is and I wouldn't even care if they didn't offer cable TV. What I can't deal with is waking up in the morning, and having NO HOT WATER for a shower!

Other issues: when I arrived, the man at the front desk didn't speak English. He had to go get someone else (his daughter?) to check me in. There were guests smoking right outside the entrance to the office. The breakfast was either raisin bran or fruit loops, and an unopened bag of Wal-Mart brand English muffins. Nothing else. All of the doors to the rooms open directly onto the parking lot, and guests who were leaving early in the morning were very loud - including multiple barking dogs. Don't plan on sleeping in.

I'll come up with some positives: location is good - easy to find off the highway & fast food restaurants next door. The wireless internet worked well. That's about it. For the low cost, I wasn't expecting much, but this was even below my much-reduced expectations.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I wish I had read the reviews of this motel before staying. This place is a dump! My first clue was the 'weekly rates' available, and it's a magnet for the homeless and/or destitute. The place is dirty and rundown, with many needed repairs and/or replacement of furnishings. I found the lamp by the bed had been spliced with an entirely different cord, with the wires loosely wrapped in electrical tape and then stuffed behind the bedside table. Another reviewer mentioned a lamp with wires cut and stuck directly into the outlet - I'm sure this is probably the exact same room, and they made a cheap and dangerous 'repair'. The management obviously puts very little back into the motel for upkeep. I was in this room for only about an hour before leaving and getting a refund - not only is this hotel and the rooms disgusting, that room in particular was infested with fleas or bedbugs, not sure which, but they were bouncing all over me when I laid down on the bed. UGH - I went to Mt. Pleasant and stayed at a Hampton - never again will I stay at the Alma Motel!

Room Tip: Drive another 15 minutes north and stay in Mt. Pleasant!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank David N
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Poor maintance, worn out, sheets thin, drain did not work in the shower/tub, air cond. was hardly working, shabby in all areas....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Room was clean the first night, second night OK but on the third night the bed was not made, towels on the floor, seedy neighborhood, loud parties, will not make this mistake again. It is well worth extra money to be safe and have a clean room. I can understand with the cheap rates not a great neighborhood, but not to clean the room is inexcusable. They emptied the trash and hauled the used towels out. That was it, bed not made and dirty towel on the floor of the bathroom. NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, will gladly pay more for basic motel services. Loud Partying going on a 3-4 AM, what a farce. No one to complain to in the morning to check out. If this place could make AAA I would petition against it remaining. Children's toys out by the empty pool, the pictures are totally not correct. Extremely small fridge and microwave. Old TV, not a good experience at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank David A
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Given the rates for other hotels in the region, we found the Alma Motel very comfortable and clean for our overnight stop. We were on the way elsewhere, and the staff was very helpful and courteous, allowing us a bit extra time before leaving the next day without problems. Although the AC had to work extremely hard the day we were there, it cooled the room to a good level of comfort.
This is not a resort hotel, but basic digs that are very good!!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank OhHoHoJerry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
#9 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hote...
#10 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Triangle Motel
Triangle Motel
#1 of 4 in Alma
Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
#8 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Saravilla Bed and Breakfast

Been to Alma Motel? Share your experiences!