Saravilla Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Triangle Motel(Alma)
View Hotel
Super 8 Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bpool tableguest kitchenbreakfast was deliciousturret roomfront porchget awayother guestsfresh fruitgreat hostsping pongplace to staysmall kitchenwright suiteold mansionmade to order breakfastcookies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2013

In the Alma Michigan area, this is the only place to stay. Very comfortable and charming, but casual (does not feel stuffy like some B&B's). Linda and Jon are very gracious and helpful. I would recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Absolutely superb in all regards. Jon met us and immediately took us on a complete tour of the historic old home. Both Jon and Linda were like family, glad to see us and welcome us totally and warmly. Breakfast is served on our time schedule, not theirs. Many beds and breakfasts serve breakfast at a set time but not at Saravilla.
They made it clear in words and actions that their first priority is their guests. During breakfast they both provided excellent information as to the history of Alma and, particularly, Saravilla.
It is difficult to comprehend Gena's review. Out's was precisely the opposite. We'll be back soon and plan on taking friends with us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Just stayed 2 nights at Saravilla in Alma.Immediately on our arrival,we were entering the unlocked "guest entrance" when Linda appeared and looked at me in complete shock that I was there....I introduced myself and she was mumbling something about the doorbell....I was instantly feeling unwelcome.Jon took us on a tour and I felt like we were being hurried through.....They asked about breakfast and I said just a coffee and muffin will be fine....I honestly didn't want them preparing a breakfast,,,,i was very uncomfortable.Room was clean and quiet,except at 7 am today when the wood chipping machines started....the Inn was lovely,but I felt that the Innkeepers were cold....just my opinion.

Room Tip: The garden room has a petite claw foot tub.....very cool....I got the bad feeling on arrival that the welcome sign wasn't really how the innkeepers felt.....i felt unwelcome and hurried and pressured about breakfast.....I didn't feel comfortable asking about breakfast time....Linda told me what time the other guest would be having her meal......so my husband and i just grabbed a muffin and left.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
saravilla, Owner at Saravilla Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

We are so sorry you were uncomfortable during your stay at Saravilla.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Some people may think they would feel more comfortable staying at a chain hotel, but they will change their minds once they sleep in the quiet comfort of the Saravilla Bed and Breakfast. We happened upon this gem with a recommendation from our son who lives in Alma. The home is a beautiful Dutch colonial home in the heart of Alma. We have stayed in the Garden room and the Turret Room, both equally charming. Breakfast is always a delectable combo of fruit/yogurt and a savory egg/bake. Coffee is available when requested and a toaster, bagels, etc. are also available. Linda and Jon provide a lovely and comfortable home away from home.

Room Tip: For a king size bed, choose the Turret or Garden room. The Turret room has a fireplace.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I was there for a weekend. Wonderful hosts, beautiful historical home. This is a very beautiful historic home. The hosts were so friendly and accommodating, even preparing breakfast early for me on my departure. I'm not much of a breakfast eater but the food was very good. I was in town to visit my daughter at Alma College. She and her boyfriend joined me at the house to study, then we enjoyed playing ping pong and billiards and touring the property. I've stayed in several B&B's and this ranks at the top.

Room Tip: The Highland Room was very quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo