“Nice Place to Stay - Not a Rip-Off”

Alma Comfortable Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Alma
Michigan
“Nice Place to Stay - Not a Rip-Off”
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I was not reall sure about staying at the Comfort"able" Inn after reading some of the review. I needed to get a room the day after Christmas. I was looking all over for a room and the prices were insane. I called this hotel and they were $60 cheaper than any other place, furthering my skepticism. When I got there the staff was very friendly, my room was clean and everything was working in it. The pool and the hot tub area looked nice but we did not use this amenity. I would stay here again and will eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel.
If you are thinking about staying here don't expect a Hilton. You will get a nice room at a great price.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travelguy4848

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 8 March 2007

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. During that time our room was never cleaned. We had to ask for clean towels 3 times before anyone responded. This was over a 2 hour period. The first time we called the desk we were told the rooms were being cleaned and someone would get to us. The second time we asked for clean towels we went to the front desk and were told that there weren't any clean towels. The third time we called the front desk and asked for clean towels someone was finally sent with towels. We had to hand over the dirty towels to the maid. She asked "If there was anything else she could get us" and we said that we could use another bar of soap. She turned on her heels and proceeded to go into another room where she produced a bar of soap. Now that got us to wondering exactly where my clean towels had come from!

We proceeded to get ready for the funeral and passed the maid on out way out. We thought that by time we came home that evening our room would have been made up, but nothing had been done to the room at all. We made the bed and cleaned the bathroom ourselves. And this was one of the pricier rooms.

Upon making the bed up ourselves we noticed that the mattress and box spring had orange/yellowish stains all over the sides.

The staff was rude and unaccommodating.

This was not the first time we stayed at this hotel. We had stayed there previously, but only for one night. This sure is the last time we will ever stay there. Our recommendation is to find someplace else in the area. There are alot nicer hotels.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Room was not cleaned
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank LadyFromNJ

Travellers are raving about these Alma hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2006

Our family stayed for 9 nights. We could have used an elevator to carry our many things to the second floor, & it would have been easier with the children. Our room was kept in very good condition by housekeeping. A+ for them. Weekend rates shot up nearly $20 per night. Considering we stayed the length of time we did, I disagree with this policy. Hallway downstairs was a little dank smelling. Overall, the stay was acceptable.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2006

We stayed five nights during March break 2006. After reading the reviews we were hesitant but this place turned out to be quite nice. I believe we were in room 284 which was new and clean, no complaints. The on site restaurant is excellent, the continental breakfast is also good. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank Ross and Jane D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 February 2006

My wife and I checked in at 4:00 pm and was a bit disappointed with the room since it was over a hundred dollars. We then went to see a movie at the local theater and returned. Well when we returned their was a wedding reception there and people all over. We just wanted a peaceful night together but it turned into the worst experience we have ever had at a hotel. The room next to us was attached by a door and their were 8 to 10 people next door being loud and belligerent. My wife went outside to see what was going on and a woman approached her and asked "What is the problem?" My wife was appawled and we packed to leave. When we went to the front desk to get our money back and start home the desk clerk simply stated that "We cannot return your money until you talk to a manager." Well a manager was not there and we live 2 hours from Alma. So now we have to call a manager during business hours and return to Alma to get our money back, if she decides so. I am frustrated. One, because of gas prices just to get there. Two, because my wife was assaulted and the desk clerk had no compassion at all. We will never stay in a Comfort Inn, or any hotel owned by ChoiceHotels.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
shelby township Michigan
Reviewed 23 November 2005

My wife & I stayed here and were not happy with the accomadations. The hotel is well past it's prime and although it's adequate for a nights stay if you're a trucker or salesman and just want a place to sleep I wouldn't go back there with my wife or family. If I had to use one word to describe it I'd say the hotel is "shopworn" The wallpaper in our room was peeling away from the wall in several places and the seams were hanging down. The shower had been redone by placing a plastic shell over the old shower and bath stall. The shower head showed rust and it took a full 10 minutes in the morning before the water started running hot enough to shower. The water was plainly"well-water" and had a sulfur smell to it. We arrived at 9pm and if it hadn't been for that late hour I would have just went someplace else. We did have a nights sleep but I wouldn't go back!

Stayed November 2005
1 Thank bobtravis42
Lansing
Reviewed 27 October 2005

If your going to gamble at soaring eagle stay here. Inexpensive place to stay right off the highway....more money to gamble with! Room was clean and has a nice pool and hot tub. You could even walk to go bowling and to a movie.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank moneygal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
#10 of 14 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Alma Comfortable Inn? Share your experiences!