“Family fun at it's best”
Review of Beaver Lake

Ranked #15 of 35 things to do in Alpena
Alpena
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Family fun at it's best”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Camping, fishing, swimming or just singing and visiting around the campfire. Lovely wooded area with great facilities for camping or stopping by for just a picnic. even a half-court for some great one on one basketball. What more could you ask for in a campground.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Cal L

Utica, Michigan, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My favorite place in the world!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We also have a cottage on the lake and vacation there as often as we can. The scenery is beautiful and the lake is perfect!! I'd rather spend my vacation time there more than anywhere else. Within driving distance to both Traverse City and Mackinac as well without an overnight stay and lots of things to do in Alpena! Don't miss the sunken ship tour!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lori M
Alpena, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I love Beaver Lake,,the park bathrooms are always clean.Its always clean and well kept,,they give children rides in the evening when you go camping.I recommend Beaver Lake Park.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank Robin C
Milan, Michigan
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Loons, Lures, and Lazy Days”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I own a cottage on Beaver Lake... and I hesitate to recommend Beaver Lake because I wish I had this whole beautiful lake to myself! As another review said, Beaver Lake is extremely clean and clear. I kayak around the lake frequently and on calm days it's not uncommon to see down 20 or more feet to view big bass or turtles swimming by. Another testament to it's cleanliness are the loon families that inhabit the edges. It's haunting to hear them calling at night and during the dawn/dusk hours before the boats and skiers get louder. It's also common to see deer drinking in the reeds or bald eagles swooping to grab a fish. You don't see this in an overcrowded lake with pollution!

There is public access at a County Park on the southeast side of the lake. All other areas are privately owned... and generally by people who respect the lake and each other for the enjoyment of all! Not sure if there are fees for the launch or not, but it's a nice park and quite popular.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank vwp11
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of the clearest lakes you'll find!”
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I have been going to Beaver Lake since I was a little girl. It is so clear that you can see the sand on the bottom in the middle of the lake! There are a lot of clams, so kids will have a great time looking for them! The only thing to keep in mind is swimmer's itch season...

5 Thank carolyn529

Been to Beaver Lake? Share your experiences!