“Great little Find”
Review of Dew Drop Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpena
Dew Drop Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Alpena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I had to overnight in Alpena, MI and the hotels were outrageous in there pricing. I found this little motel just north of downtown. I was pleasantly surprised to find the rate for a single room was only $45.00 the room was vewry clean and cozy. The owners were very nice and accomadating. The motel is AAA approved as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Troylt

Reviewed 6 November 2011

The large chain hotels in Alpena are not top notch and generally way overpriced. Have stayed at the Dew Drop Inn about seven times over the last 12 years and have never been disappointed. This is a very basic, no frills, old style, family run Mom and Pop motel that is extremely clean with courteous service and comparitively inexpensive. Quite location at the northern edge of the city limits, so a bit removed from the downtown area, but a great value for your money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank GreatLakesMariner
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Pro: Reasonable rates, AAA discount, VERY clean, very quiet (with the doors and windows shut)

Con: Strange placement of A/C and light switch, cinder block walls feel institutional, SMALL shower that one needs to beware of abrupt temperature changes due to human error.

I stayed in a full-size bed room. The room smelled clean when I entered, and I wasn't disappointed. The room was very clean, no stains, no dust.

The ceilings are a cherry stained planking, and the walls are... white painted cinder block. Interesting- but then I guess it is great for keeping sound out of your room. Maybe this is what hindered other people's internet service here.

The bathroom is small, and this is where the A/C wall unit is. Since it was nice outside, I wanted to open the window to get a nice cross breeze, but there was no screen. Oh well. I took a shower in the smallest shower I have ever seen. I think I have seen bigger caskets. And the dark blue shower curtain didn't help the feeling, since there is no light in the shower. Another problem in the shower- the adjustment handle. When I backed up in the shower (the faucet is pretty low if you're tall) I accidentally hit it to one side. Scalded. One minute of freezing trying to adjust it... then halfway through rinsing my hair, bumped it again and froze. Good times...

Another interesting feature is there is no bedside lamp or nightstand, but there is a lamp above the bed. The light switch is in the middle of the wall at the head of the bed. Like 2 inches above the pillows. As I type this, I have accidentally bumped it twice, turning off the light. I hope I don't bump it in the middle of the night, turning it on.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Aimee W
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Only needed one night here and booked over the phone based on fellow tripadvisor contributors. I was not disappointed. Front desk very pleasant and helpful, room was spotless and cost was half of the 'Inn' down the street, but I didn't need all the extras that the large chains offered.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank ams92
Reviewed 18 July 2011

All of the larger chains had no vacancies so we reluctantly drove to the Dew Drop Inn..... imagine our surprise. Quaint, clean, adorable, very friendly owners, classic motel ambience... Great rate plus Direct TV and wireless. The only negative was the wireless internet didn't have a strong enough signal to connect while we were there but it shouldn't affect your decision to stay. All rooms are strictly non smoking and this was a plus for us!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dougandpatti
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Spotless accommodation in a classic motel. Cheerful hosts. Value could not be better. A bit far out of "downtown Alpena" if you are walking. (We were traveling on our motorbikes and prefer to walk to dinner.)

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank svbreila
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Clean, friendly and priced right with aaa discount too!
Super fast high speed internet, fridge, coffee, microwave, great beds!
What more can I say.
It's my 1st choice in lodgings in the Alpena area.
YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Horse69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpena
Ramada Alpena
#1 of 1 in Hillman
Big Bear Lodge
Big Bear Lodge
#1 of 3 in Alpena

Been to Dew Drop Inn? Share your experiences!