“Average budget hotel”
Review of Dew Drop Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpena
Dew Drop Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Alpena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is located away from town center. As we continue on our budget trip, we sometimes get
stuck and just take what's nearest when we do not want to drive further. This motel, an older block building of only a few rooms was very clean, but older decor with zero charm. The shower and bath were refurbished. There was fresh paint. The small, older TV worked. There is coffee in the room. In requesting a room, we were told only the pricier family room was available if we wanted two beds. Sometimes, these small places try to up-sell to make a few extra dollars, I suspect. There is only one nearby restaurant, which was just okay as far as food. Don't expect any cheerful interaction with the owner.

Room Tip: Ask what kinds of rooms are available and prices. as it seemed a poor value.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl L
There are newer reviews for Dew Drop Inn

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My fiance's family lives here so we are up quite often. We've tried pretty much all of the other MAJOR hotel chains and found them so unsatisfactory that we were willing to try this one. We had been by and the grounds are very nicely maintained so I was confident that the inside would be as well. We were so HAPPY! It was clean, odor free (no pets\smokers) and a comfy bed to boot!

We both hooked up our laptops, got on line and did a little work and then sat outside on the chairs in front of our room and enjoyed being outside.

Both nights were wonderful and we WILL be back again, and again!

MEP

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MEP1804
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here again in late May. It remained clean and quiet and a destination that we will probably make our regular spot if it stays that way. The room was equipped with a refrigerator, in a good location, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom L
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We spent one night here, absolutely no complaints. It is located just outside of Alpena, quiet location, no constant heavy traffic. Just a few minutes drive from several eating places.
The room is quite small but exceptionally clean. We had a queen bed, small table, two chairs, fridge, coffee maker and small flat screen tv. There are no amenities other than a bar of soap but we travel with our own toiletries anyway.
The carpeting looked as if it had just been shampooed, bed, linens and pillows were great.
If we have to stay in Alpena we will stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue49321
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a 14 room "vintage" motel with modern touches. We spent 2 nights but had to reserve 2 different rooms because they were completely booked so that says something for their reputation and popularity. They're located just feet off of US 23 so were right on our path. The room was extremely clean, the bathroom had new fixtures and the free wi-fi was fast. The sheets & towels smelled fresh & clean. The grounds were groomed and well kept, check- in was quick and accurate. They're a bit north of downtown & most of the shopping & restaurants but its a quick drive back. I'm all about supporting mom & pop businesses and this defines the perfect example of that.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ANITA M
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Best $45 (AAA rate) I ever spent on a motel room! The room was spotless, including the bathroom. It appeared to be freshly remodeled, with new paint and all new fixtures and flooring in the bathroom. My only complaint was the bed, which appeared to be full size - not quite large enough for 2 adults. There was plenty of room for a queen. Other than than, it was one of the cleanest rooms I have every stayed in. The staff was also pleasant.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Tripster980
Reviewed 4 September 2013

When it comes to hotels I'm a value shopper who refuses to pay Holiday Inn prices for somewhere that I am gong to be at a very short period of time. I am usually expecting some little flaws as I am saving so much money. I didn't really find any in this place. It was clean, with a convenient location. The staff was friendly and it had everything that I expected. I am already planning on staying here again if I come up north for x-country ski trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tom L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpena
Ramada Alpena
#2 of 3 in Alpena
Thunder Bay Resort
Thunder Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Hillman

Been to Dew Drop Inn? Share your experiences!