“One of the better hotels.”

Best Western Of Alpena
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Alpena
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Great place, friendly staff. We enjoyed both the pool and the hottub. The breakfast was better than many and included biscuits and sausage gravy. The rooms were spacious and clean and there were vending machines in the lower hallway near the staircase.
Good Chinese food right next door and short walking distance to Appleby's. In the morning the wonderful staff brought out a stack of clean rags so we could clean up our bikes. There were five of us on motorcycles. They also allowed us to park under the front entrance awning to keep the dew off the bikes. Very accommodating. Another nice , quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HardRider59

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Hot tub was lukewarm with very low jet output. Rooms are very clean and look recently remodeled. A few less amenities than the average Best Westerns I have stayed at. Buffet was heartier than some with biscuits and gravy as well as hard boiled eggs. Very quiet and well located. For northern Michigan a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed here while do genealogy research in Alpena. While this hotel isn't fancy it's CLEAN. I was very surprised on how clean it was. The beds are a bit firm but the pillows are nice. This place is a good place to sleep but not much for 'entertaining'. I didn't use the pool but did notice maintence there every a.m., so that was encouraging. The continental breakfast was okay if you're a very light eater. The service is fair enough though more on the 'professional' side and less on the genuine, 'seems like they've known you forever ' kind. I checked out the other hotels while driving around and thought Days Inn might be comparable but that's it. So I'd stay here again. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My husband and I found this hotel clean, comfortable and quiet. Sharon at the front desk was helpful and suggested several places for us to eat. The pool area was clean and refreshing, the breakfast was very nice and check out was quick and easy. We traveled by motorcycle and cleaning rags were available for the asking. We would recommend this hotel to couples/families.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This was our second stay at the Best Western of Alpena, in town to visit friends. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The rooms clean and the beds comfortable. The rate was a pleasant surprise--I thought it would be more during the summer. The complimentary breakfast is good......a wide range of choices including make your own waffles. We were also able to park right outside of our room entrance making moving luggage back and forth easy. This will continue to be our destination when we travel to Alpena.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MSUTigerShark
Reviewed 27 July 2010

checked with Trip Advisor prior to selecting hotel .. i made decision to stay based on comments of cleaniness, helpful staff and price .. I was not disappointed.. this hotel was very clean .. staff very friendly and efficent, breakfast very satisfactory .. beds were very firm but i am okay with that. it was a quick overnight stay but was great for the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My brother and I were traveling through Alpena and stopped @ the Best Western after driving 8 hours. The owner met us in the lobby and said he would move his truck so we could park our motorcycles under the canopy right @ the front door of the hotel. When I went to start my bike, the battery was completely dead. His wife went to their house and got me a battery charger so I could charge my battery in my room overnight. Their kindness was amazing!
The room was spotless. Eventhough we were given a smoking room, there was no odour apparent. The room was warm, beds exceptionally comfortable, and bathroom was very clean.
The continental breakfast was very well done with waffles, biscuits, bagels. cereals, coffee, juices etc.
The location is convenient across the road from a large 24 hour Walmart, automotive parts store, and several restaurants within a very short walking distance.
Very conveniently located near I-23 (very cool road for motorcycles) and M-32
I can't wait to visit again
Steve Evered
Hamilton, Ontario Canada

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank canadianviffer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpena
Ramada Alpena
#1 of 1 in Hillman
Water's Edge Motel
Water's Edge Motel
#3 of 4 in Alpena

Been to Best Western Of Alpena? Share your experiences!