“Good Stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Alpena
Bay City, Michigan
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Arrived one night early for an event and needed a room. We checked rates at other chains. Alpena Best Western was the best choice for our stay. We prefer Best Westerns, but they are often priced more. The one in Alpena , MI was priced quite reasonably for the service we received.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Gary F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed tue thru thur it was in room 130 with my own whirlpool in my room plus a roll away bed. Room was clean beds were wonderful and so was the lazy boy chair in room Which I was extremely happy for because I had back surgery and I used it about 4 am every night!! Towels were white and fluffy smelled good, I know because I went threw so many from going in pool, hot tub, and my own whirlpool in my room. My mother who is 76 years old loved the whirlpool ALOT!! I had no issues at all, If I needed something all I had to do was ask, towels, coffee, blankets, pillows yes I was a needy guest but was all given to me with a smile. I was grateful and left them a little tip for the extra smiles. When I checked in I asked where to eat, Chinese across driveway that was wonderful. another time I called desk ideas for pizza JJ's I was so happy I brought the clerk some pizza. I read all the story's here on trip adviser, I always go here first to read what people say. I can tell you all stays are different. BUT, the owner greeted me hello and goodbye she brought me my roll away bed and pillows and blankets what owner would do that if they did not care about her customers and her business! How wonderful to find a caring person in this crazy world. Now breakfast, was not extremely wonderful, but it was fresh, clean and good! I do not have a chief in my kitchen in the morning so I really did not expect one here. Breakfast was yogurt, cereal hot and cold, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, fruit toast, bisquit and gravy and the best waffles ever!!! I had the pool to myself and hot tub to myself. There were truck drivers, and families with little kids and families with the boys who could be loud but really it was a quiet stay. Hotel was full both days so book ahead. Also take advantage of the points and stay at best western and get those points for a free room!

3 Thank travelgirl01_13
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were in Alpena for a wedding and booked the Best Western. The room was clean and served our needs for a short trip. We booked again for another stay. They have reasonable rates.
The one thing they could improve would be flatter pillows.

1 Thank Cookiegranny
Alpena, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall pretty good. Lack of extra towels unless you brought used towels in exchange. Good location in the city. Quiet. Had playground and also available grills to use if you wanted to grill out. I would probably stay here again if I was in the area.

1 Thank Sara T
Shaftsburg, Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It is a pretty dated hotel and my room was cramped. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was acceptable. The location is pretty good for traveling out of town to the west and is only 10 minutes to the waterfront.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Gary W
Washington, Utah
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean, but the rooms are really small. Ok for one person, very tight for 2. The rooms have been somewhat updated. They have a fitness room with new equipment and the free breakfast was adequate. OK for a basic stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AJUC
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is clean and friendly staff. Services are limited but so also are the choices in Alpena. The beds are ok for one night but after 3 nights my back was killing me. The breakfast is good since you can make a waffle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank gwmeyer31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpena
Ramada Alpena
#1 of 3 in Alpena
Water's Edge Motel
Water's Edge Motel
#3 of 4 in Alpena

Been to Best Western Of Alpena? Share your experiences!