“Very Clean a Good Deal”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Alpena
Michigan
“Very Clean a Good Deal”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

checked with Trip Advisor prior to selecting hotel .. i made decision to stay based on comments of cleaniness, helpful staff and price .. I was not disappointed.. this hotel was very clean .. staff very friendly and efficent, breakfast very satisfactory .. beds were very firm but i am okay with that. it was a quick overnight stay but was great for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
ontario, canada
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My brother and I were traveling through Alpena and stopped @ the Best Western after driving 8 hours. The owner met us in the lobby and said he would move his truck so we could park our motorcycles under the canopy right @ the front door of the hotel. When I went to start my bike, the battery was completely dead. His wife went to their house and got me a battery charger so I could charge my battery in my room overnight. Their kindness was amazing!
The room was spotless. Eventhough we were given a smoking room, there was no odour apparent. The room was warm, beds exceptionally comfortable, and bathroom was very clean.
The continental breakfast was very well done with waffles, biscuits, bagels. cereals, coffee, juices etc.
The location is convenient across the road from a large 24 hour Walmart, automotive parts store, and several restaurants within a very short walking distance.
Very conveniently located near I-23 (very cool road for motorcycles) and M-32
I can't wait to visit again
Steve Evered
Hamilton, Ontario Canada

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank canadianviffer
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I stayed here the night of April 30-May 1, 2009 on a road trip in to northern Michigan by myself. I was very pleased by this motel. The woman who was working the evening I checked in (I think her name may have been Cindy) was extremely friendly and helpful when I asked her to recommend a locally-owned restaurant for dinner.

The motel was very clean, the room was comfortable, and I was fascinated by the fact that the rooms have two doors: one to the parking lot outside, and one to the interior hallway. Very convenient! The pool area was decent, but the hot tub was not as hot and bubbly as it probably should have been. The breakfast was good.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there. It was definitely worth the money, and I would be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Michigan
Reviewed 19 February 2009

This is my second review on this Hotel. I Love this place. Upon Check in I was greeted bya lady named Wendy who was such a nice lady. I talked a little and she was very very guest oritented and wanted to make sure Iam having and will have a great stay. My Room is clean as always and just have to remember with this Hotel you have Two Doors in your room, One to exit into the parking lot and one to exit into the hotel hallways. Checked out the pool area as always but this time the Hot Tub was COLD didnt like that too much to heck it was time to call it a night anyways. The breakfast was great. Fresh Waffles, Biscuits and Gravy, Juice and coffee plus all the other breakfast times you find at a Hotel. This Best Western is my Favorite Best Western in the entire chain. Very Very Clean as well....

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank starlyte
Kalamazoo
Reviewed 22 November 2008

I absolutely loved this hotel. The kids had plenty to do between the pool, arcade, and playset outside. The rooms and facilities were very clean and in excellent condition. The staff was very kind and very helpful. With three boy's the free breakfats of juice, bagels, and waffles came in handy. The area couldn't have been more perfect either on a beautiful piece of land with tons of wildlife. I would love to stay here again.

Stayed November 2008
2 Thank brittney23
SW Lower Michigan
Reviewed 3 September 2008

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! The hotel was nice and clean and comfortable! We booked two rooms and they were both spacious with plenty of places to put our luggage and laptops, etc. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. They gave us one of their end rooms which are extra long to accommodate the two cribs we needed for our twin grandsons. We requested an extra crib when we got there and it was brought to our room within minutes.

The two front desk clerks who were there during our stay were VERY friendly and helpful. Check In and Out was easy and quick with NO problems. I left my book at the desk when I was checking out and the clerk hurried to catch me with it before I got to my car!

We stayed two nights because we were there for a wedding and found to our delight that they served the continental breakfast until 11:00 a.m. which was VERY nice for us because we didn't have to get up early!

The pool was open late also and our kids had a great time splashing in it. There is a rope to define the deep end from the shallow so our five year old had no problem knowing how far he could go in the water. They provide towels, you just use a towel from the room and take it to the desk when you're finished and they give you a clean one. There is a bathroom right in the pool area. The adults enjoyed the hot tub too!

The only negative is that there is no elevator so luggage has to be carried up a flight of stairs to rooms on the second floor. Older adults or people who find climbing stairs difficult should be sure to stay on the first floor.

All in all, we were VERY PLEASED with our stay here!

• Liked — The extended hours for the breakfast
  • Disliked — climbing stairs while carrying luggage
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2003

My family rented two rooms at Best Western Hotel the end of May, 2003. The hotel rooms were average in everything. But the staffs need training to deal with guests. The instruction on the phone to call other room was wrong. I tried to talk to the hotel manager but he interrupted me 3 times and completely ignored the problem. He had no intention to listen at all. He had a cocky attitude and very arrogant. We were overcharged $10 per night when checking out. There was no apology. Several small mistakes were made by the hotel staffs, yet nobody apologized once during our stay. If the manager treated the guests without respect why did the staffs do better?

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpena
Ramada Alpena
#1 of 4 in Presque Isle
Water's Edge Motel
Water's Edge Motel
#3 of 4 in Alpena

Been to Best Western Of Alpena? Share your experiences!