“There is a reason it's the bottom of the list for Ann Arbor.”

A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor
Ranked #35 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Old rooms, horrible breakfast, careless staff. As you can read by all the reviews - the audience isn't wrong.

I tried to stay, however I left after the first night. Filed a BBB complaint and got the money back from my credit card.

Needs to be torn down - one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in

• Stayed: December 2010
7  Thank ua85
AVictory, Public Relations Manager at A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Thank you for writing your review. Unfortunately, we do not have any record of your stay. We encourage all guests to write a review. If you did stay at our hotel, your concerns could have been addressed 12 MONTHS AGO in December 2010. We have shared your review with all of our guest service agents and none of them recognized you. Which I'm sure you understand that after 12 months and 21,000 guests later, it is hard to recognize or remember hardly anyone. Thanks again for posting your review, but it must be for the wrong hotel. If you did stay in Ann Arbor we apologize on behalf of all of the Ann Arbor family of hotels.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Positives: The staff tries hard and are reasonable friendly...

Negatives: Room was spartan (probably a bad word to choose in Wolverine Country, but accurate), had fax sent to their # three times and despite confirmation from sender that it was received, they never forwarded it to me, AWFUL continental breakfast, no hangers in room until I asked for them and the shampoo that was provided in bathroom was packaged in plastic sugar-pack type wrapping.

The other major problem here is that if you're trying to head (West) towards the UofM campus, you have to go through a strip mall for two intersections to be able to turn that way. Otherwise you have to head East towards Ypsilanti.....

The reason I chose this place was because I got a very inexpensive room rate, but kept thinking of the proverb "you get what you pay for" all during my stay there. Only reason it wasn't rated as "terrible" was that the staff was reasonably friendly and made attempts to correct the multiple deficiencies.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BadBucks
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stay somewhere else and drive into Ann Arbor if this is your only option. The rooms smell, the carpet and furniture is dirty and stained and the elevator has this Japanese horror movie thing going. Had to switch rooms because my first non-smoking room smelled so much like cigarette smoke. The second one wasn't much better. I would expect more if I had paid $50, much less the $129 they charged me. Not recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011
6  Thank FuriousToast
AVictory, Public Relations Manager at A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

First things first, we condemn your derogatory remarks about Japanese. Second, our elevator does not have mirrors. Third, we sell out every football weekend. With that written, it is impossible for you to have stayed at our hotel. Furthermore, we do not have any records of any guest named Furious Toast stay at our hotel. We appreciate your review but it’s the wrong hotel.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Well you get what you pay for.

We went to Ann Arbor to pay some friends a surprised visit but needed a hotel room for our first night in town. It so happened that all hotels are booked because of the Ann Arbor art fair. Luckily, there was an available room in this hotel.

This hotel was inexpensive, I must admit. But as the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.

The rooms are very filthy. There are dead bugs in the bathroom. The toilet bowl was dirty, as there are obvious remnants of fecal matter. There's hair on the pillow covers. I could go on and on, but the long and short of it is that the room was disgusting.

The next day we checked out at 10 a.m., an hour before check out time. I surrendered the keys to the front desk and the person behind the counter said that I am all set.

My mistake was I never ask for a receipt. When I got my credit card bill I was charged 2 nights instead of 1. I was calling the hotel for four weeks and the person on the other line kept making excuses that the manager was not available and all that crap. When I finally was able to speak to the manager he had the gull to blame me for not checking out. He said there was no record that I checked out on the day that I checked out.

And this is a lot of bull. If they did not have any record of me checking out, how did they know that I should be charged for 2 nights instead of 1?

Yes, the hotel might be cheap, but so is customer service. Beware of this hotel. The low price is not worth the experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tom Baba O
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was in Ann Arbor to visit the University of Michigan and needed an inexpensive place to stay for one night. I did not have a reservation and was searching for a room at 1 am in the morning. I was offered a rate of $45 for one night and quickly accepted. The room was acceptable for me, considering I didn't pay much. The bed, sheets and pillow cases were clean, so I was satisfied. The air conditioning worked and the bathroom was clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank dlharris9798
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Drove to Ann Arbor for a graduation event and my wife booked lodging at "A Victory Inn & Suites 3750 Washtenaw through Orbits for $155. There was broken glass in the parking lot, the door knob on door for the stairs separating the first and second floor was off making it difficult to use the stairs, everything in the room was sticky and unclean, the bathroom sink drain was completely blocked, the shower controls did not work making it difficult to control water temperature, the air conditioning unit was plugged into a wall outlet that had no recepticle plate cover, and the bathroom towels were the size and weight of a kitchen towel.

It was so bad that we simply took a shower and left staying a total of about 30 minutes. When I complained at the desk the employee had absolutely nothing to say and I got the distinct impression that this is a daily occurance for this place. I intend to complain to Orbitz, the Michigan Health Department, and the BBB. Disgraceful that this place is even open.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank wardtw
AVictory, Public Relations Manager at A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Reviewer:

Thanks for your comments and expressing your concerns.

It's unfortunate that you had to pay $155 for a room you did not like. The procedure at Orbitz for unsatisfied guest is to call Orbitz and they will relocate their guests to another hotel in the area. But, why you chose to drive all the way back to Pittsburgh is very puzzling. Most guests during U of M graduation finish early and therefore prefer not to stay in Ann Arbor because they do not like the high demand prices of a hotel room. We are at a disadvantage because we do not have your name or the room number you stayed in. Also, if you did stay at our hotel we would have upgraded your room at no additional cost. Furthermore our records do not show any guest staying at our property at a rate of $155 neither with taxes added nor without. Even though we do not have any records of your stay, on behalf of the Ann Arbor community of hotels; we apologize. If you ever return to Ann Arbor we hope your stay is a pleasant one.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 16 February 2011

For an older hotel, not bad, carpet tears in hallways. But the room, not bad, clean, plenty of towels (good thing too). Jacuzzi was great, plenty of hot water, roomy. I tried to get ahold of the front desk @7:30 p.m. for a wake up call and didn't reach anyone. Tried 3 times. Could not get internet, desk clerk did not know how to help me, referred me to the tech people 877-734-8025. Tried 3 times and the line was always busy. Said screw it and went to bed had an early day. Got up at 11:30 to use bathroom and the sink faucet fell off in my hands. Said screw it, and went back to bed (I hadn't been feeling well). I didn't want a repair man coming into my room at that hour or having to gather up me stuff in the middle of the night. I ended up brushing my teeth leaning over the bathtub. When I complained to the front desk re: these 3 issues, he was very polite and gave me $20 off my bill (only after I argued), and suggested he read the reviews on their hotel that they might learn where to make improvements, because it has such a very low rating. I stayed there because it was close to the Ann Arbor V.A. hospital. Might drive the extra distance next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo