“Terrible Hotel, avoid at all cost”

A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor
Ranked #34 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Terrible Hotel, avoid at all cost”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Horrible Hotel, extremely dirty and bad order for the cost. Carpet is like 50 years old without cleaning. Also, there is problem with hot water, bathroom light, Wifi is also slow... It even makes me angry when I am writing this review. In general I am not a picky person and I have never bother to write reviews. But this one is so horrible that I want to bring awareness to everyone. AVOID IT AT ALL COST!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sean J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St.Joe-Benton Harbor, MI
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Even at the One-Star level, usually Hotwire hotels are pretty good. Not so with this one. The staff was very nice and the room was "passable" clean, but that's the best we can say. The Victory, or whatever it was called years ago was probably top notch, in it's day. That day is long, gone. First thing we learned on check-in was many areas are closed, "for renovation", the second was there was almost no one else there. We were booked for two nights, stayed one, just walked way from the room we paid for. Finally, this was no Hotwire "deal", the price we paid, was the price on their sign.

Room Tip: Their are many parking lots in the area, you'd be better off using one to sleep in your car.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TruckDriverFritz
Baltimore
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Wow, I remember this site about 30-40 years ago as a Holiday Inn. We all know that properties change "flags" and management companies, but the current "operator" (and I'm being kind when I call them an "operator") of this property ought NOT to be in the hotel business. Fllthy, filthy, filthy, filthy. Thread-bare sheets and "towels". (more like Kleenex) Dirty carpet, unresponsive staff. The so-called Continental Breakfast was bad coffee and dry cereal. Oh well, you get what you paid for, next time, I'll stay at a branded hotel. Only good thing is location, EZ access to east side of A2, and right of US-23. But, unless you are alone, (NEVER bring a wife or your children to this dump) I'd pay a few bucks more, and stay at the Roof. (Even tho I'm no fan of RR either)

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rrdude
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Room smelled so bad that we had to leave. Couldn't breathe. Wouldn't issue refund. Avoid this flea bag hotel at all costs. It's not worth $10 a night. They couldn't pay me to stay there again. Dirty. Disgusting. My wife wouldn't touch the quilt for fear of bugs. Got the room through hotels.com and they also wouldn't issue a refund. Will never use them again either.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank jeff l
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The only good thing about this place is location. Otherwise is overpriced and extremely outdated. I think appliances, carpets and everything else must be at least as old as the original building. Probably built in the 1950's. even the linens and towels were old and the soap and shampoos were the cheapest you can think.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Traveldad2012
London, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This place is dirty. Unfortunately my friend and I stayed here for a Michigan vs Michigan State game. If it wasn't for being die hard Michigan fans we would have left, but all the hotels in town were soldout. After reading the reviews on trip advisor we checked the bed upon arrival to find hairs, chip crumbs, etc on the unchanged sheets. We asked for new sheets and made the bed ourselves. When we asked the front desk to call us a taxi they replied with giving us a number instead of just calling one for us.
This place is run down and dirty with an unpleasant odour.
At least Michigan won and made the stay worth it. Go Blue!

Room Tip: If you have to stay check the bedsheets.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tourguiderich
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the spring and summer 2012 semesters while attending law school in Ann Arbor. As an extended-stay guest, I can attest that this hotel and its staff provide a hospitable, clean, and comfortable atmosphere for its guests. And this is not because the staff had become more familiar with me as an extended-stay guest, but because I witnessed their hospitality extend to all guests there.
The rooms were always comfortable and the wireless connection was 100%.
My primary goal was to find a no-frills, clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced place to stay in Ann Arbor and this hotel not only met this goal but exceeded it. Its staff really did make me feel right "at home," even though I really was far from my home in Texas. And when I made my transition back to Texas, the hotel's manager Nancy went above and beyond her regular duties to make the transition go as smoothly as possible. From calling cabs for airport rides into Detroit airport to corresponding with auto shippers, she really helped make the transition a painless one.

• Stayed January 2012