Bell Tower Hotel
US$143
Sheraton.com
US$155
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$132
Hotels.com
US$86
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$273
US$243
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationfree valet parkinghill auditoriumbrick wallcan't beat the locationnew york timesbathroom mirrorvalet servicewithin walking distancesmall hotelcentral campusum campuscampus visitboutique hotelstate streetdonutsart fair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband, son and I stayed here for a recent U of M visit. The hotel was definitely priced much higher than others a little further away but I decided to stay so my son could easily visit with friends that go to the school. I was so glad I did because it made it so much easier for him to do just that! So if you want to be really close and walk to your tour stay here! Plenty of good places to eat walking distance. The hotel has complimentary valet parking and were great. They put our bags into our car on checkout morning and then reparked it while we spent the day in Ann Arbor. The complimentary breakfast was fine. Enough for a quick breakfast to start the day but nothing extraordinary. The only issue with the hotel that we encountered was the very slow elevator.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JRP0628
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location but sorry to hear that you found the elevator to be on the slow side.

We would be happy to place you on the first or second floor in the future. There are stairs just off the lobby to the first three floors. This may be a good solution so you don't have to wait for the elevator in the future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here for a romantic getaway (I live locally). I wanted a place to stay that we could spend time downtown and not have to drive home and also to feel a little pampered. When I arrives first, I was pleasantly greeted by the valet and then the front desk attendant. I was given the key (a real key, which I loved), and I went to my room. I was taken aback by the size of the queen sized standard room. It was like a closet and the bathroom required a step up to get into (and it was minuscule). Then I smelled the "back up" odor in the bathroom. I tried to have good thoughts but then realized that the air was not working when I started sweating. I called, complained, the valet came and messed with the thermostat, and it didn't work. Later, we went to the front desk to complain again and the attendant said she would look into it and pointed out that they had had trouble with that room. We asked her too move us, but she was adamant they would try to fix the air and the smell. We went out for dinner, came back and found out we had to move! We did and slept great in the new room with the king bed and non-step up bathroom. That room was comfortable and roomy. The next morning was breakfast.... Gross sausage and scrambled eggs ( taste cheap and cold). The fresh bagels and fruit and yogurt were very good. All in all, the king room was lovely. I would never get the queen again. And I think the price was too much for the room and breakfast. The location is great and that's what they're banking on.

• Stayed: September 2013

I am sorry to learn that your original room size was not what you expected and that there was an odor in the bathroom.

Your comment prompted me to meet with our front office manager to ensure our guests are fully aware of the size and amenities in each guest room. This will eliminate any surprises upon check in. I also verified the toilet was repaired so no further guests would encounter any problems.

Due to the errors you received, I would like to offer a 25% discount on your next stay. Although this gesture may not compensate you for your inconvenience, please accept it as a token of our gratitude for taking the time to constructively point out our shortcomings.

Please contact me directly and I will personally make the arrangements for your upcoming stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The rooms are lovely and the staff was superb.
The rooms are clean and well kept. I had a room on the first floor right next to the parking lot. It was not a problem at all. The blinds and drapes, though usually a small part of a room, were stellar here and I could sleep through the night with nary a peep or flash of light from outside. I'm so glad they had these!
As a nursing mother, they made me feel both incredibly comfortable and welcome. I needed help storing my breastmilk in their freezer from the moment I arrived to the time I left. The front desk never hesitated to make sure I had access to what I needed at any time of the day or night. When I notified them of my departure time, they even brought up my cooler and had it ready without having to ask them for it. The place is lovely, but the people here make it fantastic.

Room Tip: All rooms on the first floor have a parking lot right outside the window. They've taken this into account and made sure these rooms are still inhabitable though.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Bell Tower. I truly believe we offer the best service in Ann Arbor due to testimonies like yours.

Thank you again and we look forward to your future visits with us.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Bell Tower and found every aspect of the stay to above and beyond what i expected. So many items that other hotels charge you for were free at The Bell Tower including: valet parking, hot breakfast, internet, newspaper, fruit, bottled water even a chocolate each night at your bedside. The staff was young, friendly, very caring and dare I mention attractive! The location for one who is visiting U Michigan can not be beat. Service of this standard at this price does not exist in New York City! I will go back again and again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you appreciate our amenity package. Our location is one of our best assets but our guest service and complimentary amenity package is a close second. We are the only hotel in Ann Arbor that offers not only a complimentary New York Times every day of the week, including Sundays.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Bell Tower Hotel is convenient to campus and only a short walk from every restaurant or pub you could want in AA. The hotel staff are courteous and efficient. The room is comfortable. Breakfast is disappointing but typical for American hotels: cholesterol-laden animal products, lots of cereal and bread products, nothing healthy. Avoid getting a room right beside the noisy parking lot. Internet is free and good but can be really slow at times.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the proximity to the pubs and restaurants. I am sorry that our breakfast did not provide as many healthy items as you would like to see and the internet was slow at times.

Since your review, we have added fresh strawberries and blueberries. Now our breakfast offers fresh whole fruit, orange segments, grapefruit segments, fresh cut strawberries and blueberries. We also upgraded our wireless internet. This will allow higher speeds during peek times.

Again, thank you for your review. I assure you that you will be happy to see the changes since your last stay. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your next stay with us.