“Great Place”
Review of Melange

Melange
Reserve with OpenTable
Melange is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty & William
Description: The Melange experience is our interpretation of the fusion of thought, cuisine and culture that surrounds and embraces us all. Let us take you on a tour of the emerging global spirit with a flair for the eccentric and eclectic as we strive to provide a Uniquely Melange Experience for all. Bon Appetit!
Michigan
“Great Place”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

So my husband and I went here for our anniversary. We had a groupon, but we would absolutely return. Laura the manger made sure we were taken care of and our waitress was great as well. We received a champagne toast for our anniversary and the food and wine was wonderful. It is not a very big place, but it is tastefully decorated and we loved the glass wine cellar right in the middle of the restaurant

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Micht123

Manchester, MI
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Excellent, if you want to try it out, check out their happy hour w/ drink and appetizer specials.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank tml-michigan
Michigan
“Fun menu and wonderful service”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We enjoyed wine, appetizer, entree and dessert at Melange on Saturday. Was able to get a reservation on Friday for the time I was looking for - an extra plus and honestly why we ate here.
Service was terrific! Danial our waiter was helpful with recommendations for top picks. I always consult the wait staff when eating someplace new.
Duck Tacos for a starter were so yummy. I loved them. Not so much my husband's type of fare but he liked them. He did really enjoy is pear salad however. I tried the beet salad - it was quite good too. Entrees were scallops for me and sushi for hubby. They served the scallops with potatoes and a gravy which I loved! The savory and starch so good with the sweet scallops. The scallops come on some spinach which I didn't like with the rest of the flavors so just gave it to hubby. His sushi was good - but he has his favorite places for sushi so its hard to get a fair opinion from him.
Praises for their chocolate mousse shot dessert. Really the right size - but I could have eaten 10. We also tried the cake pops. OK - but not something I would order again.

All in all we will keep this on our list of Ann Arbor place to eat. There are other options I want to try off their menu and I just love the atmosphere of the place.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank GoHere
Grand Rapids, MI
“What a great find on Main Street!”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We have been dining around the Main Street area this fall, and so far, this is the best spot. The service is impeccable, and the food offerings are fun. The serving sizes are perfect. We shared some duck nachos and tuna tartar for our appetizers. I had the duck as a main course, and it was cooked perfectly. Others had Sea Bass and pasta, and all were pleased with their meals. I didn't care as much for the ambiance as some other readers have...it's a little unusual for a basement restaurant. Parking can be an issue, so leave yourself some time to park. Our server, Jonathan, was top notch...the best server we have had anywhere, for a long time, in that he was very perceptive and proactive, always around when we were looking for him.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank thomps97
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Wow.. I savored every bite! Delicious food for a special evening.”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Although I have only been to Melange once, I am looking forward to my next visit. The food was simply amazing. I ordered the Scallops with riscotto and my friend ordered the Pork Tenderloin with potatoes. The tendor, savory scallops made me stop and enjoy the moment. My entree was so delicious, I had to try my friend's. Who knew such a simple food, such as potatoes, could taste like heaven? Whipped every so lightly and dissolved in your mouth like mouse. Oh, just thinking about them makes me salivate. Although I do not eat meat, my friend said the Pork Tenderloin was the best he had ever had and extremely tender. The atmosphere is very mod and hip with an open floorplan. I have not had the opportunity to try their drinks, but I will next time.

• Visited September 2011