“Try the signature sandwich”
Review of Haifa Falafel

Haifa Falafel
Ranked #153 of 621 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Israeli
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The Haifa Falafel sandwich is outstanding. Anytime I am in the area I grab one. The "small" is quite sufficient.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great value for the portion, delicious falafel .. I will go back again , it will be my destination for lunch breaks.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My cousin Zac brought me here right after they opened because he knew the owner, and he knows I love falafel's. Now I cannot go to A2's Washtenaw area without stopping here! BEST FALAFEL I HAVE EVER HAD!! Not only is the sandwich huge but so good. They put a lot of veggies in the sandwich, I can ever finish it. I have never had such crispy falafel ball in my life so full of favor perfectly toasted pita with tons of veggies and the sauce they use is to die for. The staff is really friendly, and the place is always super clean. I live in Dearborn and still haven't had a falafel so good in my life!! I will contuine to go there everytime I am on that side of Ann Arbor. They know how to do it right at Haifa Falafel!! Keep up the good work, and I'll keep coming back!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I eat at Haifa on average once a week. The Detroit area is known for Middle Eastern cuisine, but Haifa Falafel makes it easy and tasty by just calling up, ordering your Shwarma sandwich, and picking it up 10 minutes later! The price has gone up slightly from when they first opened, but it's still a very good deal (especially the MEGA which weighs over 2 lbs! Feeds my wife and I for a few days). Their fattoush salad and falafel are also very good.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Food is fresh and attractive. Unusual falafel -- small golden balls of delicious. Fattoush had very nice, fresh romaine with lovely toasted pita on top and generous sprinkling of sumac. Vinegar may be a little assertive for some, but I loved it.

Decor is diner style -- comfortable enough. Service is quick and very friendly (walk up to place your order, they'll call your name when ready). Appears to be a family business, and a very attractive family it is too. Photos of the Haifa harbor, many including nice pics of the Bahia temple, on the walls.

I've been to a *lot* of Arab restaurants, starting with The Camel in Dearborn in the 70s, through the Christian Lebanese refugee era in the 80s and down to now. Haifa Falafel, located just east of US23, between Ann Arbor and Ypsi, has *hands down* the best falafel, fatoosh and mjdarah I have had in a restaurant.

Lots of carryout and lunch business when I was there.