“In the Heat of the Moment”
Review of Tomukun

Tomukun
Ranked #19 of 610 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Although a little noisy with the music and crowd, this place left a pleasant taste in my mouth. Green Curry Udon and Bibimbop -- both made vegetarian - were hot, tasty, and well served. Green tea to boot and attentive wait staff. So glad we found this joint.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We visited Tomukun three times over the past year and the food has been consistently very good. There are not a lot of options for vegetarians, but the few entrees that are available are all very delicious (e.g. yaki lo mein with tofu). According to our friends in Ann Arbor who go there often, it gets quite busy at peak times, but turnover tends to move swiftly.

1  Thank maria_and_carrie
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was really looking forward to trying a bowl of ramen at Tomukun. The last time we were in town, there was a line outside the restaurant and we couldn't get in. This time we got there at opening time on Sunday. Nice clean restaurant, nice wait staff if not a bit too eager. The check came even though we had not asked for it and there were no one waiting. I was just taking a break from my massive bowl of noodles and she tried to take it away, I felt rushed. The appetizers are definitely very creative and tasty. My bowl of spicy seafood ramen was disappointing. Hate to say it, but I had a similar order (spicy ramen - no seafood) at Dulles Airport A Gates and it was superior! The seafood was likely from a frozen bag and it was overcooked. If you are hungry, the serving size will definitely make you happy. The rest of the diners had duck ramen, tempura udon and curry udon. They all enjoyed it - average and not wow. Not sure I will go back. If so, I will definitely try more appetizers and will stay away from the ramen. Maybe pho is better????

1  Thank ricemd
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Eclectic downtown Noodle , Pho, Curry and lots more. I chose a scallion seafood pancake to start.it was more than enough to share and delicious. Just right texture with no overpowering flavors. Nicely cooked and delicate.
My pho deluxe was excellent. Good flavor in the broth, crispy pork belly was crisp and yummy! Lean beef steak very tender. The noodles are some of the best I have experienced. Wishing my pho friend Chad was here to enjoy. It's rare to get the excellent experience under one roof but they do it here. Service was attentive and friendly.

1  Thank shmtw2
Reviewed 7 September 2013

First time here. Delicious menu and the food didn't disappoint. But the service really stunk. I knew we were in trouble when the waitress wasn't paying attention while we were ordering and here eyes were everywhere but on us. We never saw her again. I had to snag any of the wait stuff who happened to be waling by to get server, pay the bill, get more water, and order more food. It was really frustrating because the menu holds much promise. However, what use is great food when the service plain stunk?!?! The other thing I didn't like was the loudness and general state of chaos. I had a headache walking out...

1  Thank JDsAtNoWhere