“Nice place to stay and quick drive to hospital”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Nice place to stay and quick drive to hospital”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. Staff was very friendly. Suites are great but single with queen is quite small. Location is about 10 minute drive from downtown/hospital. Plenty of parking. Breakfast is fairly mediocre even for continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Recommend suite room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carmel, California
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights . It was immaculate, had good lighting and everything had a new look to it.. The breakfast was ordinary motel fare but for just having a nice place to sleep, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Even though we had the freeway side, we did not hear noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2012

There were 5 choices for cereals, 3 with sugar but that's not what bothered me. Having packaged bagels, muffin or danish did. Two types of bread would of been much better. Not only for people who can't have a lot of carbs or for diabetics but for people like me, who watch their calorie intake. 300 calories for one medium pastry is not what I had in mind as part of my breakfast. Buying bread surely would of been cheaper for the motel too.
Other than that the motel was just fine.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hays, Kansas
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were booked here through Mott Children's Hospital, we were traveling from several states away. There was a mix up when we checked in, but it was not the end of civilization. It was also later rectified with a hassleless full refund. We stayed 2 nights, and changed hotels. We only changed because with a 10 year old and not a lot of entertainment, a pool was a necessity. However, without the pool and better tv channels, we preferred Microtel to the hotel we switched to. The staff was friendly and helpful and we were very comfortable there. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in a "2 Queen Beds" Room. The room was extremely small for us--3 adults and one child. It was hard to get all of luggage and other items in the room. The TV was old and hard to use on top of the wardrobe. On a more positive note, the hotel and room were clean and the hotel staff was friendly/helpful. The continental breakfast was great and had lots of choices. The location was good, but a little hard to find--it's behind another hotel and a few businesses. It's close to a grocery store (Buch's), some restaurants, and not too far away from the University of Michigan Hospital. They also offer a free shuttle service, but we didn't use it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I gave this same hotel a negative review because of the desk staff, their attitudes toward guests and their lack of attention to cleanliness. The bed was also pretty bad last year. I stayed there last night on my way to a conference. It seems like a different hotel in the same location!
I was pleasantly surprised by the remodeling that had been done. The bed was better, the rooms definitely freshened, hall way carpeting has been replaced. The difference is notable.
I had a free upgrade to a suite. The hotel was very quiet last night. The room,bath, halls and lobby area were all immaculate.Towels were plentiful. The only strange item was the placement of the tv in the suites. It faces the end of the cupboard of the kitchenette and does not pivot.
I did not try the breakfast.
The same fellow checked me in last night at 8 pm as checked me out at 8 this morning. He was very helpful and nice. Detroit was experiencing a high wind situation with winds as high as 60 mph. Later in the evening, I noticed a lawn chair rolling around outside the main entrance. I called down to the front desk and suggested he may want to go out and retreive the chair before it hit someone's car. He took care of it. Last year's staff would have been surly and not done a thing.
I thanked him this morning. I said STAFF make or break any hotel. I did tell him about my negative experience last year and I was glad I had come back.
I had decided I'd give this place another chance and it was worth it. It's amazing the difference a year makes.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers face the parking lot, not the freeway. Room 308 is a 1 queen suite with a pu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stategt
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel is really a GREAT VALUE, quite close to the university (mainly the North Campus).
Staff is very kind. Continental breakfast is cold but really good, the review who states otherwise is an exception (or over expectation). Also they do not close it exactly at time as many other hotel do.
Rooms are good and nice, very well equipped, comfortable beds, everything. You can take the 1 Queen room for a ridiculous price, or add some bucks and have a really agreeable mini-suite. If you are frequent guest like me (more than 80 nights last 2 years), or even less, you may ask - and get - a free upgrade on availability basis.
I spent hundreds of night in US hotels for work (High-Tec), pleasure and visiting our daughter here: this is surely the best value for price I ever had.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple