“Nice Rooms, Nice Price”

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Muskegon, Michigan
“Nice Rooms, Nice Price”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Rooms are very clean and reasonably prices. Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant attached which is. Very convenient and the food is good. We stayed here because a family member was having surgery at U of M, the hotel also runs a shuttle to the hospital which is a very nice touch. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't know if there was a pool,
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael L
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
We appreciate your post and would like to thank you! It is always nice to hear that our satff is doing their job of satisfying our guests. We appreciate your business and once again thank you for the compliments.

Kimberly Marme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Beaver Island, Michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stay here about once a year, traveling to our summer camp in Northern Michigan. They make us and our dog welcome. Clean, quiet, well equipped rooms. This stay I had a problem getting on to the wifi to get some local information. The front desk helped me out, even printing two maps to help me find my way around.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mhhill
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure having you here. I am pleased to see that my staff is assisting you with your needs and continuing to provide the quality of service that we take pride in. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Flint, mi
Reviewed 20 May 2012

By all means, this is a two-star hotel. Some sites may raise the star rating due to onsite ammenities (the attached Big Boy restaurant).

If you are familiar with Red Roof Inns, then you know what to expect. The room has been remodeled recently and has a nice flatscreen tv, modern furniture and a hard surface floor (looks like hardwood).

The new look is nice, but some features of the new design are quirky. The bedstand has built-in electrical outlets (for cpap machines, or in-bed laptop use), but the dark color scheme, low location of the outlets, and dim lighting may cause you to overlook these. Another quirk is the sink. The water stopper control is hidden in back.

The mattress is the worst part about staying here. It is saggy and a little lumpy.

Housekeeping, or some long-term guests must be heavy smokers, because there are a few empty cigarette boxes and butts near the stairs.

Room Tip: Hotel is right next to the exit ramp, so look for a room opposite the expressway
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your comments. Thank you for detailed description of your experience. I would like you to know that we do have new mattresses in all of our deluxe rooms that also feature the microfrig, coffee makers and hairdryers. We are in the process of replacing all of the mattress in the standard rooms as well. Please contact me directly when returning and request a deluxe room on your next visit and I will be happy to provide you with a free upgrade as a token of my appreciation.

South Dakota
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The last time I visited Ann Arbor I stayed at the Lamp Post Inn and I couldn’t say enough BAD things about it! I was afraid that since anything HAD to be better, I would have trouble being objective about this motel but here are my thoughts regarding the good and bad.
It is located right off M-23 on Plymouth Rd which allowed for relatively easy access to most of Ann Arbor and quick access to the expressways. I was concerned about noise considering the proximity to the expressway but it proved to be unfounded. This was one of the quietest motels I’ve stayed at. I don’t know if it was intentional but I appreciate that guests were spaced out around the motel and I never had to listen to anyone in an adjoining room.
The room was spacious and there was plenty of room for the clothing and items that one would bring for a week’s stay. The beds were firm and I felt could use a thicker pillow-top for my old bones. The pillows were thick and the comforter was made of a material that was kind of slick and would often end up on the floor before the night was over but… I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was an uncomfortable sleep.
The refrigerator made a lot of noise and didn’t seem to get real cold but still, I would call it functional. There was a microwave and a one brew coffee maker. The large TV was easily viewed from one bed but not the other.
There was a safe in the room. Kind of a surprise but even more so when I discovered at check out that I was being charged an extra $1.50/day for it! I didn’t need it, hadn’t requested it and was pretty ticked off that I had to pay for it!
The bathroom was VERY small and the lighting wasn’t very good. I had a room with two queen beds but there weren’t bath products for two people and the number of towels was minimal.
One really nice surprise about the room were all of the outlets. Here is a hotel that caters to the modern traveler who needs to charge smart phones, laptops, IPads, etc. And enough outlets to accommodate the BOTH of us!
Many mornings there was a complimentary USA Today outside my door. There is a Big Boy restaurant attached to the motel and a complimentary breakfast (get your voucher at the front desk each day) is included. There is a choice of 6 items or you can credit $3.50 to another meal choice. I thought this was a generous breakfast.
There is free (except for tip of course) shuttle service available to the local hospitals – a very nice amenity for those who have traveled for the excellent health care services offered in Ann Arbor.
Housekeeping was spotty. Some days it was great and others, not so much. The one day I did complain to the front desk they were very prompt to seeing that my concerns were addressed.
There is free wifi in the rooms and I never had any problem with it.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this motel and they will be my first choice when I return.

Room Tip: Watch out for a charge for the safe!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MeanderingMax
Thank you for your honest and detailed comments. We appreciate the compliments and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is comments like yours that help us improve our quality of service for our guests. If you would like to contact me I will be happy to credit you for the safe. It is an optional fee for the warrentee on the safe. We look forward to serving you again in the future when visiting Ann Arbor. Thank you again.

Carrboro, NC
Reviewed 28 April 2012

They've recently refitted all rooms with modern furniture and flat screen tv's. Very pleasant and comfortable rooms. You get a coupon for free (basic) breakfast or half-price on the hot breakfast buffet next door at Big Boy's. Great value! Will stay here again!
i booked the room for one person only, but then my daughter stayed with me one of the nights. They would give me only one coupon for breakfast, however

Room Tip: The premium king room is still half the price of a room at a fancier hotel and well-worth it!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stop by and see us again when visiting our beautiful city of Ann Arbor.

Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Room was clean and decor was fairly current. The beds were lower to the ground than most and I found them to be uncomfortable. Bathroom was small and I was disappointed as there was one single-use shampoo and a small bar of soap which was not enough for the two of us in the room. No blow dryer, no other amenities. Our room faced expressway and traffic could be heard at night. Attached Big Boy restaurant with voucher at front desk upon check-in, however menu has very little healthy fare available. I prefer the Hampton next door for much higher quality rooms, breakfast and comfort - much better value for $$.

Room Tip: West side is best to avoid traffic noise from expressway.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AFM33
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
We appreciate your business and comments. I am sorry the your experience did not meet your expectations. We do have deluxe rooms that are equipped with hair dryers, irons, and coffee makers as well as brand new mattresses. I am sure that you will find these to be more spacious and comfortable. Thank you for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide the service that we pride ourselves in.

Kimberly
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed here foe a couple of weeks on business. I was very comfortable! They renovated the rooms and they look really good. They make you feel at home.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RodeDawg
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Customer satisfaction is our main focus. We are so glad that have chosen the Red Roof as there are many other hotels to choose from in the area. We appreciate your comments and I will be honored to share them with my team. Thank you so much! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Kimberly