I've stayed three times in a Red Roof Inn. A long time ago, in Ann Arbor (maybe 1980?) when RRI was a new chain. Nice then. After many years, with RRI well on its way to being the Applebee's of the hotel industry, again in Albuquerque, in a bucolic spot just a quarter-mile or so from the Juvenile Detention Center. That was dreadful. But I stayed here a few years ago, and am going up to Ann Arbor again tomorrow and will stay there again. I work with people on North Campus at U of M, and my daughter is a student that lives near North Campus, so I like to stay in this area. Previously I had stayed at the Holiday Inn that is more or less across the street, but that place is largely past its prime, with a distinct mildewy smell about.
So I thought I'd try the RRI. It's much cheaper and I didn't expect much, but was very pleasantly surprised. The remodeled rooms are extremely nice and I slept well. Some people here complain about the beds, but I don't remember them being that bad, and I am a picky mattress person. Also, the staff was pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, in landscaped surroundings - 4 mi fm downtown Ann Arbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor University North Hotel Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North Michigan