“Above and Beyond”

Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I traveled to Ann Arbor from the other side of the state last Sunday night for a seminar that began Monday morning. The drive over was horrendous! White-out conditions and icy roads turned a two and a half hour drive into almost 4.
I woke early because the weather was still bad and I knew I needed to warmed up and clean off my car. I was stunned to find that my car had been brushed off and the ice was scraped from the windows. WOW! what great customer service!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Debbie G
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your experience at our property. This winter has been bitter for all of us and we hate for our guests to have to bare the snow and cold especially if they are not prepared for it. We appreciate you staying with us and glad that you made it home safely. Please come and visit us again if you are in the area. Hopefully under better circumstances.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was not expecting much when I made the reservation for his hotel, just a cheap place to stay while I conducted some research in the Ann Arbor area. Instead, I found a recently renovated, comfortable, clean room. The staff, including the delightful Kimberly, were incredibly helpful. The free breakfast and the proximity to the Gerald Ford Library rounded out the experience and made it overwhelmingly positive.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Thank you so much for your compliments of our property. We appreciate your business and extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you will come and visit us when you return to our area.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I've stayed three times in a Red Roof Inn. A long time ago, in Ann Arbor (maybe 1980?) when RRI was a new chain. Nice then. After many years, with RRI well on its way to being the Applebee's of the hotel industry, again in Albuquerque, in a bucolic spot just a quarter-mile or so from the Juvenile Detention Center. That was dreadful. But I stayed here a few years ago, and am going up to Ann Arbor again tomorrow and will stay there again. I work with people on North Campus at U of M, and my daughter is a student that lives near North Campus, so I like to stay in this area. Previously I had stayed at the Holiday Inn that is more or less across the street, but that place is largely past its prime, with a distinct mildewy smell about.

So I thought I'd try the RRI. It's much cheaper and I didn't expect much, but was very pleasantly surprised. The remodeled rooms are extremely nice and I slept well. Some people here complain about the beds, but I don't remember them being that bad, and I am a picky mattress person. Also, the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jfstanton
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us again and seeing first hand our newly renovated rooms. We appreciate your posting your comments it really helps us spread the word about the new direction Red Roof is headed. We house a lot of people that are visiting or working at the University and the hospital.
Thank you once again and we hope we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We loved the room. I liked the non carpet floor. The plug ins for our lap top, phone charger and my machine were plentiful. Didn't have to stretch an extension cord across the room or try to find an outlet on the wall at the head of the bed. Which I hate. The room was modern and it was quite. Friendly staff, Gabby. Breakfast was good. Will stay there again when we need to go to U of M.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our renovation and our staff. We appreciate your business. Please do look us up again when you are in town. We would love for you to come and stay with us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed here for 1 night for business; it was newly renovated and though it doesn't have the best "bones" (the building itself is older and doesn't look great from the outside), the location is good and the rooms are very nice: wood flooring, new furniture, very clean, free wifi, etc. No fridge or microwave in mine so for longer trips maybe not ideal, but for the price you can't beat it!

Room Tip: No elevator so ask for ground floor if you have large luggage pieces
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs in the Ann Arbor area. We appreciate your business are and very glad to see that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for all the wonderful comments. We hope that we you are in the Ann Arbor area again you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My dad had heart surgery at U of M. As his surgery was scheduled for Thursday morning we thought we could not take advantage of the breakfast. That morning it was rescheduled and the hotel still let us get our food vouchers anyways. Then surgery got canceled for the day, we were unsure if we would still need the room for the next two nights that we had it booked for? Gabby let us check out a little late and said she would make note of the cyber Monday price we had and if we found out we needed the room after all she would get the same rate for us. They made an extremely stressful time much easier, especially Gabby. We really appreciate how helpful and understanding they were .

Room Tip: Good, clean, basic room. Would have liked a small microwave and some tissues but we would stay ther...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Toni V
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank you for your comments in regards to Gabby and then rest of your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will continue to visit us when in the Ann Arbor area. We hope that your dad is feeling better. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

The Ann arbor VA Hospital made the reservations, they had my dad registered and yet they acted like we were bothering them. The wifi sucks and we could hardly do our work when we were in our room. The restaurant at the front, Big Boy" had two waitresses arguing loudly with each other. Trying to get an order to go seemed like a bother. My dad could not make it to the restaurant to eat and they made me feel bad. When we asked the front desk about local things they were not helpful at all. I am glad that I will not have to return to that hotel and feel sorry for the other veterans that they most likely be treated the same way. Respect them, they are the reason you have a job!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Atinob87

I am sorry that my staff was unable to assist you. We do appreciate our veterans and apologize for the inconvenience with the Restaurant and the Wi-Fi service. I have passed on your comments to the Restaurant owners. We are looking into a new provider for our Wi-Fi service and hope to have this addressed soon. I would appreciate it if you would contact me personally to address these issues that were presented to you during your stay. We take pride in our service and hate to see any of our guests disappointed in our hotel and take any complaint very seriously. Please email or call me directly at the hotel at your convenience to discuss this. 734-996-5800. Once again I do apologize and hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Kimberly Marme