“Fabulous Stay”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fabulous Stay”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel only for night but were amazed by the customer service. We were just moving into Ann Arbor and needed to stay at this hotel because our house was not live in ready yet. The staff at the front desk welcomed us warmly and provided batteries and a ladder (to change the batteries in the smoke alarm in our new house) free of charge. The hotel does not look much from the outside but the rooms have been recently renovated and the decor is very elegant. We really loved our stay here and would like to thank the staff for making our stay extremely comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear that your experience was outstanding and the staff went above and beyond to provide you with batteries and a ladder to assist you in your new home. We will always do what we can to take care of you as our guest as you are are number one priority. Thank you for your positive comments about our recent renovation. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Midland
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stay at a lot of Red Roofs because of the pet friendly policy and easy access to the out of doors, and this one shines above all the rest. Barb at the front desk always greets you with warm enthusiasm and efficiency. The rooms are updated and always very clean. Having a Big Boy attached to the front makes breakfast a snap. Across the back parking lot is an Appleby's for dinner, again with no driving when you're tired! There's also a CVS drugstore on the other parking lot corner if you've forgotten something. What more could you need?!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location as I'm glad to hear your experience was a pleasant one. One of the perks of Red Roof as a brand is our pet policy. This hotels prime location offers convenience as well as variety. Thrilled to know that you took advantage and visited our neighbors, Big Boy, Applebee's, and CVS. I am looking forward to your next stay with us!
Hastings, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I liked the Red Roof Inn ,because it was close to the VA Ann Arbor Medical Intensive Care Healthcare Hospital. I was there for to weeks while my better half had heart surgery. Sarah at the Red Roof Inn did her best, to help get me a room, even when they were very busy. I was from out of town and I feel Sarah went out of her way to help me. I also like the shuttle bus to and from the hospital. Thank You all at the Red Roof Inn For all of your help.
Judy Converse, Hastings, Michigan

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our location. Our close proximity to the VA and U of M Hospitals provided a convenient place for our guests to stay. I'm glad that you took advantage of our shuttle bus so you didn't have to deal with the traffic and parking in Ann Arbor. I hope that your husband is doing well and recovers shorty. Thank you again for choosing us and would love to have you again if the need arises.
Whiting, IN
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We choose this hotel based on TA's ratings. I am always skeptical of Red Roofs based on experiences years ago. I know Red Roof is reinventing itself so we thought we would give it a try. The hotel is nothing fancy, pretty basic sleeping room. Mattress was a little hard. Room a little small but definitely had enough space for 2 people. The bathroom was clean as was the room. I thought the room was a little but compared to the others around it was a decent price for us. The hotel is attached to a Big Boy. They give you a voucher for a free breakfast. The Big Boy has a special menu for the Red Roof breakfast which doesn't really give you too much to eat. However, if you choose from the regular menu you get $3.50 off per person of your meal. My husband and I spent only $14 between the two of us for breakfast and we had more than enough to eat from the menu.

We would stay here again for an overnight when in the area. The clerk who checked us in and out was absolutely wonderful. We had dinner early and therefore got back to the room early. Our TV kept cutting out, it is satellite but there were no storms. An appropriate adjustment was made the next day. Sarah is a true asset to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank momwhiting
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting about your experience on Trip Advisor. I can appreciate the fact that you did some research prior to your visit. I am sorry to hear that your past experiences with the chain were not as positive as this one. My goal is to eliminate your skepticism by providing great rooms and service. I am glad to hear that your interactions with the staff were "Wonderful". We look forward to having you as a guest of our again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We picked this hotel because it is convenient to the Hospital Center and has a pet-friendly policy. We were so happy to find out that besides those pluses, the rooms are attractive and clean, with all the amenities we could want, parking is very easy, and the grounds are well-kept. What truly makes the hotel excellent is the staff, who were so helpful to us as we tried to maneuver through medical issues and timing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our location. I'm glad that you found our proximity to Ann Arbor area hospitals convenient. I will be sure to share your positive comments about the staff with my team. We understand that a lot of our guests are in town to visit medical facilities and we ensure they are kept comfortable while we provide the flexibility needed for the stay to be enjoyable. I appreciate that you thought so highly of us!
Tampa
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I just had the opportunity to stay at this Red Roof Inn and what a treat it was. The first impressions were positive with the facility having great curb appeal and an easy to find location. And, then the room--wonderful. The room was spacious with a perfect office area, was meticulously clean, had a nice contemporary feel with clean lines and smooth surfaces, had exceptional lighting, and everything worked perfectly. The complimentary breakfast was voucher to the adjacent Big Boy. In short, I could live here!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MPatrick33629
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent positive experience with us. I'm glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations with our curb appeal as well as our renovated rooms. Spacious and contemporary was exactly what Red Roof Inn had in mind when the concept was designed. Thanks for the positive feedback. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here for my daughter's graduation and it was pet friendly. The rooms have been updated and it was a nice size. The hotel has exterior room doors and we were able to park right in front of our room which was very convenient with our little dog. The breakfast vouchers really needed to be used on the breakfast buffet (unless you are not very hungry), but the buffet was very good. Do get your free coffee in the hotel lobby so you don't have to pay for the coffee at Big Boy.

Room Tip: Get free coffee in hotel lobby before you get the breakfast buffet which will charge you for coffee.