“Enjoy a visit!”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Springfield, Missouri
“Enjoy a visit!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Barb and May were so helpful! All staff was responsive and friendly. Restful and an easy drive to U of M. Located close to many shopping as well. So happy they allowed my dog, Greta to stay with us! Coffee is always available and the breakfast is always good. These things altogether add up to consistent and constant service, friendliness, cleanliness, and all of this with a value that is not easily found.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Tracie O O,

Thank you for staying with us and all your wonderful comments regarding your stay. I'm thrilled to hear you found our staff helpful, location convenient, and property clean. I hope Greta enjoyed her stay as well.

Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor University North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Thank you, Red Roof, for a great room at a great price. Nothing fancy but very clean & modern with flat screen TV, fridge/micro, & free wi-fi with good signal. Thanks also, Barb, for being so helpful at check in. Wish all Red Roof Inns maintained this exceptional standard of service & quality. The grounds were well maintained and the parking lot was well lit. We regularly seek out motels where you can park in front of your room, which makes unloading luggage so much easier than hauling an unwieldy cart down a long carpeted hallway. Would definitely stay here again & highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear LINDA H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you found Barb to be very accommodaing and our rooms to be clean and modern. Outdoor safety and cleanliness is also a top priority of ours and we strive to keep our hotel properly lit along with a crisp curb appeal. Thank you for your positive comments and I welcome you to return again in the future.

Regards,

arizona
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Returned here after a decade for the first time by walking in on a Friday evening, not the best time to get a room in Ann Arbor. Warmly welcomed by Barb at the front desk, I was given a very nice King room in a quiet location, lovely comfortable bed, clean, clean, clean. As they accept pets, it was a nice treat to see the new non-carpeted floors. My senior rate was much much lower than the neighboring newer motels, and our room might have been much quieter, with doors to the outside rather than the interior hallway. That is because other motels nearby had hockey and water polo teams occupying many rooms. I have been there, done that in Ann Arbor. Check in and out is very quick, and the breakfast voucher at the adjoining Big Boy is great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet spot and you will be happily accomodated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear andarcaminos,

Thank you for returning to our Ann Arbor Red Roof location. We sure have upgraded our product with two full property renovations over the past 10 years. I'm glad to hear that you were able to experience our improvements first hand once again. We strive to provide our guests a clean, comfortable room along with exceptional service every stay. I'm thrilled to hear that we hit the mark. I look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Regards,

Niagara Falls, Ontario
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this Red Roof over the past weekend while in Ann Arbor to visit a relative in a nearby hospital. I read on Trip Advisor the reviews of other guests who had stayed there and based on good comments, chose this hotel. We were not disappointed! From our first encounter with Barb, one of the front desk staff, to our checkout, we could not have asked for a nicer place. Originally I booked reservations only for myself but in the end, my daughter came with me. The front desk staff member immediately offered to change my room from a king bed to a deluxe double, without my requesting it. She ensured it was on the first floor so that my daughter, who has difficulty with stairs, didn't have to climb to the second level. Any requests made were met with prompt and cheerful efficiency. The room was lovely--recently redecorated, fresh, immaculate and comfortable. The hotel is very quiet, even though it was reasonably busy. The Big Boy Restaurant connected to the hotel offered good food and the convenience was impossible to beat. The breakfast buffet is excellent. We had vouchers from the hotel for breakfast that covered part of the cost of the buffet. If we had chosen from the special menu for Red Roof guests, it would have covered all of it, but the buffet was too good to turn down. I can recommend this hotel and restaurant without hesitation. Wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We faced the back property line of the hotel and it was very quiet there with no traffic noise. I do...
Dear MaddieNiagaraFalls,

Thank you for choosing our Ann Arbor location and letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay by posting on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear you and your daughter loved our renovated rooms and our free breakfast at the attached Big Boy restaurant. It sounds like our team well accommodated your requests and you received exceptional service. Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your daughter.

Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a nice hotel. It´s simple, but clean and comfortable. The breakfast is nice too, and there´s always coffee available at the reception. The staff is helpful. I recommend this hotel: You get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear talita777,

Thank you for visiting our location and providing your feedback. I am glad to hear that you found this location to be clean and comfortable as that is our main goal. The free hot breakfast at the adjacent Big Boy restaurant is quite good. I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of this perk and felt the same. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I'm giving this four stars because I was pleasantly surprised. Not posh but nicer than I would typically expect for a hotel in the price range of a Red Roof Inn. The front desk checked us in quickly and staff was very friendly. Our room was great -- comfy bed, nice layout, plenty of outlets. Rooms open to the outside, but we didn't have any issues with noise or odors from smokers in our room. BONUS: There's a CVS right next door - you almost can't see it, because of the trees, but it's just a few hundred feet away, it's open 24 hours, and has a complete selection of wine, beer and liquor. You won't get room service here but you can easily put together your own nightcap!

Room Tip: (No elevators to the second floor -- you'd want a first floor room if you'd have trouble lug...
Dear CocktailMom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Red Roof Inn location on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and efficient. Sharing a parking lot with a 24 hour CVS sure has it's perks. Please visit us again in the future.

Mississippi
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were visiting the University of Michigan and needed a pet friendly hotel. This was a great choice for us. Room was updated and clean. Bigger room. Only drawback was this seems like the hotel the medical patients at VA stay at while getting treatment. Lots of older people milling around outside. Not really a drawback, just odd, and sometime invasive. Lots of grassy areas to exercise our dogs. Free parking. Vince was very friendly and helpful in the front office. Applebee's behind the hotel. Close to the highway & University.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jkdaves
Dear jkdaves,

Thank you for choosing our Red Roof location while visiting the University of Michigan. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience at our location and enjoyed our updated rooms as well as our friendly staff. Our close proximity of the area hospitals allow us to serve patrons and their family member during difficult times. We love our VA and U of M Hospital guests! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.