Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Red Arrow Motel(Ann Arbor)
  • Restaurant
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbig boyhardwood floorsfront deskdiscounted breakfastroom was cleanfire pitfree breakfastattached restaurantgranola barsoff the highwayeasy accesscoffee makerparking lotmini fridgehome away from homenice stayfootball game
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mother, son and I arrived on a Sunday evening. I had booked the room online through the University of Michigan Hospital website as a recommended hotel to stay at. Upon check in I asked if we could be on the first floor due to the fact that there are no elevators and I had a toddler traveling with me. I was told for a "small fee" I could upgrade to a deluxe room and stay on the first floor which I opted not to do. Upon arrival in our room it appeared to be clean; until we noticed the carpet in between the beds had not been vacuumed in some time. The heat in our room did not work unless it was on high; if we turned it down any more it blew cold air on us all night. The toilet ran for an usually long amount of time after flushing it and the water pressure in the shower was poor. Upon check out I informed the staff member that we did not have heat in our room during the night and when he asked why I did not call during the night I explained I was traveling with a sick toddler and disrupting him to have the furnace worked on at 12:30AM was not an option for us.
Next time I will spend a little more and hope for a better quality stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear amyjean0202,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience on Trip Advisor. Allow me to apologize for falling short of your expectations. I appreciate you being descriptive regarding the concerns you encountered so that we can follow up and correct. I am looking forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The room was really nice and clean. The staff was really friendly. My only minor complaint is about the advertised "free" breakfast at the Big Boy. First, it's only for the adults in the room, not children staying in the room for free, so I had to buy my teenager's breakfast. Second, there is a limited list of individual items (for example ONE piece of French Toast, 2 pancakes, muffin & fruit) that you can get for free, OR you can get $3.50 off anything you order from the regular menu. Had I known I may have chosen to stay at a competitor offering free breakfast in the lobby to all where you can take more than one item. Otherwise I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone, and I"d be willing to stay here again. I just wish they were more descriptive about the breakfast situation.

They also had not plowed the parking lot, it was a slushy mess . . . but I do understand that it's January in Michigan . . . mayber their contractor was behind??

Room Tip: You can see the highway from one side of building. Good if you want to check traffic conditions by just looking out the window.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear SHERRYLEEF,

Thank you for choosing our Ann Arbor Red Roof location and for taking the time to post about your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive comments about our friendly staff and cleanliness of our rooms. I'm sorry to hear that you felt our breakfast program fell short of your expectations. I hope that we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor University North for the Winter Classic. I was very surprised by the cleanliness and the quality of the rooms. The room had almost a cabin-like feel, the beds were very comfortable and some solid pillows. Being only about twenty minutes away from the Big House (in normal traffic), it is an ideal spot if you are going to a football game or visiting U of M. The service was pretty decent, other than having to repeatedly call to find out some information, the front line staff was friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend the Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor University North when visiting Ann Arbor. It's reasonably priced, perfectly situated and clean. There's not much more you could ask for!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear tdsuperstar,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive experience on Trip Advisor and for visiting us for the 2014 NHL Winter Classic. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our updated rooms and the quality of our bedding package. We always cater to guests coming into the Ann Arbor area for all U of M events. Come visit us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on our annual roadtrip and really enjoyed ourselved. The rooms were very clean and quite spacious. The front desk gave some great recommendations for local bowling & restuarants. We have never stayed at red roof ins before but would love to try them again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear CuriousTravels2014,

We would love for you to visit us again when your road trip brings you to Ann Arbor again next year! There are Red Roof properties all over the United States and I'm sure they would love to have your business as well . If you would like a directory mailed, please call us at 734-996-5800 and we would be glad to mail you a few. Thanks again for choosing us and I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great experience at our Ann Arbor North location.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here over New Years when we were in town for the Winter Classic. The hotel was a fair distance from downtown, and the stadium, but the rooms were very reasonably priced, and the reviews were good. The place was very busy, but Jeff and Barb on the front desk were very friendly, and went out of their way to help us get a cab downtown to the New Years Eve street party, even though they obviously didn't have the time. The rooms were very nice; very clean, comfortable beds, and it was great to have a fridge. The Wifi was fast, and hassle-free. Breakfast at the Big Boy restaurant across the lobby was fast, tasty & cheap. We had a great stay. My only complaint (and this is not a big thing...) the toilet paper was really harsh!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cheryl G,

Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor about your trip to Ann Arbor for the 2014 Winter Classic. What an event! I'm pleased to read that you had a positive experience at our location and we were able to provide excellent service to you. Please come visit us again in the future,