“Nice place to stay”

Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We travel for work a lot and have our favorites for places to stay. I would recommend this place as a nice place to get a good nights sleep. Quiet, clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Location worked really well for us as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeff H, Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Grainz,

Thank your for taking the time to post about your experience with us on Trip Advisor, I am pleased to hear that your expectations were exceeded throughout your stay. Since you mainly travel for business, we have a Volume Plus (Corporate Discount) plan that you could potentially benefit from. If you are interested in obtaining more information regarding this, please contact the hotel directly and ask for me. I look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Was very glad we picked this hotel. Didn't realize it is a Red a Roof Plus. It had nice bed, bedding, floors, counters, soap (oatmeal, I think), towels. Nice staff at check in.

Negative: the breakfast is a coupon for small breakfast (like 2 eggs and toast) at adjoining Big Boy. That's fine except that on checkout the staff told us we only got one coupon because they only charged us for one person. So, beware of that.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cori N
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Cori N,

Thank you for taking the time to review our location to let other travelers know of our new Red Roof Plus concept we are currently rolling out. We have upgraded our cable package, added snack boxes to the Premium room, and even added a fire pit for our guests to enjoy just to name a few. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast program. We hand out breakfast vouchers based on the number of adults registered to the room. I do apologize if this wasn't clarified at the time of check-in. Thanks again for allowing us to serve you.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Right off the highway, this was a convenient stop and very adequate for our short stay. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the better Red Roof Inns I have visited. Breakfast was provided at the attached Big Boy restaurant, and their wait staff was top notch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear GwenJan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Ann Arbor Red Roof location. I am please to hear that you felt this hotel was one of the best and we surpassed your expectations with our prime location and hospitality. Thanks again for choosing us and I look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

we stayed 1 night march 7th. took my daughter to Ann Arbor to tour campus. room was clean, renovated and close to everything. front desk clerk , Barb, was wonderful. She provided detailed maps of campus for us. hotel is older, but has been renovated and is VERY clean. bathroom small , but clean. could use better toilet paper ( prisoners have better toilet paper) but overall, i would recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear woodenshoe1,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I hope you had a memorable trip to Ann Arbor with your family. Thanks for the kind words about the property as well as our staff. I personally look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was my second stay at this motel and there were no surprises. Did I expect a four star stay? Of course not. Economical, clean, well located with easy access. Yes, they wimp out on the breakfast, but unless you are trying to load up on a day's calories for free it is satisfactory. Best part of the stay?? Each time I have been there the staff has been professional, friendly, and helpful. At these prices I didn't expect a uniformed concierge and free valet parking. Would I stay there again? Yep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oldugly

Dear Oldugly,

Thank you for being a return patron to our Red Roof property in Ann Arbor, MI! We appreciate your positive feedback about your experience with us. I will gladly let my staff know that you felt the service level was professional, friendly, and helpful. We will take care of you the same way when you visit us again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mother, son and I arrived on a Sunday evening. I had booked the room online through the University of Michigan Hospital website as a recommended hotel to stay at. Upon check in I asked if we could be on the first floor due to the fact that there are no elevators and I had a toddler traveling with me. I was told for a "small fee" I could upgrade to a deluxe room and stay on the first floor which I opted not to do. Upon arrival in our room it appeared to be clean; until we noticed the carpet in between the beds had not been vacuumed in some time. The heat in our room did not work unless it was on high; if we turned it down any more it blew cold air on us all night. The toilet ran for an usually long amount of time after flushing it and the water pressure in the shower was poor. Upon check out I informed the staff member that we did not have heat in our room during the night and when he asked why I did not call during the night I explained I was traveling with a sick toddler and disrupting him to have the furnace worked on at 12:30AM was not an option for us.
Next time I will spend a little more and hope for a better quality stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear amyjean0202,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience on Trip Advisor. Allow me to apologize for falling short of your expectations. I appreciate you being descriptive regarding the concerns you encountered so that we can follow up and correct. I am looking forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The room was really nice and clean. The staff was really friendly. My only minor complaint is about the advertised "free" breakfast at the Big Boy. First, it's only for the adults in the room, not children staying in the room for free, so I had to buy my teenager's breakfast. Second, there is a limited list of individual items (for example ONE piece of French Toast, 2 pancakes, muffin & fruit) that you can get for free, OR you can get $3.50 off anything you order from the regular menu. Had I known I may have chosen to stay at a competitor offering free breakfast in the lobby to all where you can take more than one item. Otherwise I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone, and I"d be willing to stay here again. I just wish they were more descriptive about the breakfast situation.

They also had not plowed the parking lot, it was a slushy mess . . . but I do understand that it's January in Michigan . . . mayber their contractor was behind??

Room Tip: You can see the highway from one side of building. Good if you want to check traffic conditions by...