“Innovative and Healthy Indian Street Food in Casual Setting”
Review of Hut-K Chaats

Hut-K Chaats
Ranked #81 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Zaragoza, Spain
“Innovative and Healthy Indian Street Food in Casual Setting”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Chaats are very flavorful savory snacks served at at stalls or food carts in many parts of South Asia. These guys have recreated those rather unhealthy chaats into healthier versions without compromising much on the taste. The couple who owns this place are wonderful hosts, quite passionate about what they do and constantly thrive to create new recipe ideas. A great place if you want to try vegetarian snacks in a very casual setup. Remember if your taste buds are craving for the spiciness and saltiness that you usually associate with Indian food, this place may not fulfill your desires.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank banerjee_p

Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful update of Indian cooking”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A young friend with a few food allergies (a vegetarian who can't do dairy or gluten) took me here for dinner this evening, and it was delicious! What a happy change from the standard Indian buffet heavy on ghee and chicken, sauces and white rice. I love that stuff but this feels like the best of what we used to call "health food." Not a fancy joint and tucked into a non-descript strip mall, but great service and clean. Two thumbs u.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Charlotte D
“Nutrilicious/Healthy”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly blown away by the awesome food at Hut-K Chaats. I was visiting my family in Ann Arbor and this was one of the Vegan restaurants on our list. My only regret, we did not get to go back this trip. But next time I will be visiting this restaurant multiple times.
The food was delicious, tasty, wholesome, and very well balanced nutritionally. Yes it is Indian food, but not the regular Indian food (and I love Indian cuisine), this style takes good food to another level of healthy, good for you.
I highly recommend a visit here. I tried several dishes that was shared: the Samosa wrap; delightful. The back to roots; delicious. The Mung bean soup, the "surprise " , the carrot juice and they do not serve sodas, only pure water and do course coconut water.
Love this place, can't wait to go back. Also they have a food truck downtown. . . Check it out.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank VeganAud
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good for you AND super tasty! :)”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I just love how spicy and flavorful everything is here. Definitely was a stab in the dark for me, since I had no clue what to order. However based on some staff recommendations, everything I've tried there has been really tasty. I especially loved the Shanu Chaat and the Chole Tikki Chaat. The staff has always been personable and helpful. The only negatives were the chai tea (tried on numerous occasions and just not very good - and I usually LOVE chai tea) and the soup, while AMAZING in taste was lukewarm at best.

• Visited April 2013
“Very good food that leaves you feel good too”
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

I'm not really into healthy food, but this place was great. You should go, I can't image regretting it. The owner was very knowledgeable about his food, and it's his passion to make healthy great tasting food. He's also a doctor and a professor at UM. The food leaves you feeling very good aswell.

1 Thank kevinj85