“Quite adequate but needs free internet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Ann Arbor

Motel 6 Ann Arbor
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Quite adequate but needs free internet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I found this motel to be perfectly adequate for the price. The beds were comfortable, flat screen TV was great, there was adequate room in the hotel, and no carpet (I like a carpet-free room). Bathroom and shower were actually quite good. It was obvious the rooms had been updated somewhat recently. I didn't get to visit the motel pool because it was raining, but it looked very nice from where my room was located. I do have a few suggestions. 1) Provide free internet. Paying for internet was costly and complicated. In this "age of technology" there is no excuse for a hotel to not have free internet. (After all, highway rest stops manage to provide free wi-fi.) 2) Oh, one other complaint: PROVIDE SHAMPOO. Please. Isn't there a cost-effective way to do this? Thank goodness I had thrown a motel sized shampoo from a different hotel into my travel bag. This time I was prepared, but in the past when I've stayed unexpectedly at a Motel 6 I have found myself using bar soap to wash my hair. Not good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was surprised and glad, to see the remodeled version of Motel 6. Tile floors are a great improvement. The TV worked well, the bed was comfortable, the linens were all spotless. The staff was more than just polite - they were very friendly. The laundry room came in handy after a week of traveling, and worked well. I would like to have had an internet connection, but with McD handy, that wasn't a problem. Maybe in the future?
Bobbie S.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Orwell, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We have never had any issues with Motel 6. We stay NASCAR weekend.. We heard no outside noise. The rooms are clean. There is A LOT of construction. That is not the motels fault but plan a few extra minutes to get out. I do not like that it is the only motel that charges for internet service. We still save money staying here however. Consider staying on your next trip to the Ann Arbor area. No frills but a nice nights stay without breaking the bank!

Room Tip: Away from the pool area
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Helix, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Have stayed at this motel a lot of times. We have family who live here so that we visit at least twice a year. Several years ago they were one of the first Motel 6's to undergo the 'Euro Remodel.' In the ensuing years it has gotten more and more beat up - ragged at the edges. This time it looked like it might have been spiffed up a bit. New paint and maybe new flooring - at least it looks lighter than I remember. The underfloor, however makes alarming noises as you walk across it that makes it feel like it might just break through.

The toilet still has a great deal of trouble flushing. It takes three tries to get it all to go down. The bedspreads have oily stains. That said, it was clean and quiet. Well probably stay here again, but I keep, wishing it were nicer.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

I like that this Motel 6 was recently remodeled, and it is in a great location with easy on/off Interstate access, close proximity to Briarwood Mall, the Ann Arbor Airport, and numerous places to eat (including McDonald's, which is within walking distance, so you can take advantage of their free WiFi instead of paying for Motel 6's).

The bed was comfortable, as was the little booth sitting area. However, Kimmy in the front office was busy with a personal telephone call, and after standing in front of her, and listening to her chatter away for almost 10 minutes, I gave up in frustration, and walked out without my final receipt. Also, there was loud music, which was turned down when Melissa at the office was told about it (twice), but it kept getting turned back on.

Had it not been for Kimmy and the music, this Motel 6 would have gotten an excellent rating from me.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed here during our daughter's move-in. It is slightly expensive compared to the Red Roof Inn @ Belleville. We assumed that closer to the UoM area would be nicer. That was a mistake. The rooms were nice, with a type of hardwood floor that felt weird. We got a room backing to the trash compacting firm in the back. Probably our luck (or the way we looked, tired after 10 hr drive).
The worst was, the noise insulation - there was NONE. We wanted some sleep and every door opening and closing would rattle the whole section. Despite we turned the A/C high and slept under the comforters (freezing in the summer of 2012) to avoid the noise.
The TV remotes were non functional. We were happy to move out and move into the apartment of our kid (no facilities, sleeping bags and no TV). We slept nicely that night and enjoyed it better than the Motel 6. Wish we had stayed with Red Roof Inn.

The staff was nice, but what is the point if they are servicing a run-down property,

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle quad, or facing the road. It feels safe. In the night it is really scar...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from a tigers game. It was cheap and not a bad hotel to spend a night. The rooms actually looked really modern and different from most but it was clean and good enough for us to spend a night. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012