“Awesome staff, hotel itself not the best”
Review of Motel 6 Ann Arbor

Motel 6 Ann Arbor
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed for one night here while in Ann Arbor for a performance. Ms. Tasha at the front desk was welcoming and accommodating of any request I had for her. In fact, all of the staff here was very friendly and courteous. Unfortunately, parquet floors made any and all sounds resonate very loudly. As we were checking in, we could hear music pumping from the next room, although they soon checked out so this did not turn into an issue. Also, the beds had very flat pillows and the thin comforter had cigarette holes (in a non-smoking room.) Still, if you're on a budget, this place will fit the bill and the staff will do everything they can to ensure your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MGG2014

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I and my family stayed here for 1 night while traveling a long distance with our pets. The lady at the front desk was friendly and our room was clean, basic, no-frills. It's exactly what any reasonable person should expect from a Motel 6. (If you're expecting chic decor from a Motel 6, your expectations need to be reevaluated.) Location is convenient just off I-94 with McDonald's an easy walk next door. A perfectly adequate budget hotel, especially for those traveling with their furry companions, since pets stay free at Motel 6. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MadDogNC
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Great location near my job site while I was in town. Staff was very helpful for anything I needed. Rooms are the new update from Motel 6 modern look. Room was well maintained and clean to the standards of motel 6 quality. The outside seems to have a fresh coat of paint and parking area is very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Motel is conveniently located right off the Interstate 94. Subway and McDonalds are right next doors. Grocery store is located about 5 minutes away by car. I stood there because it's seems to be closest place to Ann Arbor Airport. There are newly remodeled rooms that are very nice at this facility. It is very good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JanUruba
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is the worst placed I've ever stayed in my life. The decor was awful and everything else about the Motel 6 follows suit. The door to the room had a huge gap. So huge that it would not have been difficult for a large rat of squirrel to get in. The drapes had stains on them and the sheets and towels were thin and dingy. The bathroom door was difficult to close and the toilet was so dated with rust around the base of the toilet. Daughter stood in line 20 minutes trying to get at least 2 more towels but never accomplished this due to some guy standing in line indicating that he was tax exempt. The shower was clogged not to mention that the toilet stopped working and was on its way to overflowing. Was advised by front desk that internet would cost me $2.99 a day. That is ridiculous. The floor was uneven and the blue/green walls were awful. The entire decor was suppose to be "chic" but was far from it. I was totally dismayed and could not wait to get out of there. Would not recommend this motel to my worst enemies. Never going to stay at a Motel 6 again. This was not even on the radar of rating it even a star run. Visitors be ware!

PC

Room Tip: Don't stay at Motel 6
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PC1256
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I was in town for a tango festival at the university. I'm not sure what they meant to gain by attempting some sort of strange style aesthetic but the room is just downright creepy as other reviewers have said. I didn't want to walk barefoot on the floor because it was very dirty and seemed to be made of wallpaper or any other super cheap plastic. The beds were very uncomfortable and the room itself was designed and lit to give it a sort of eerie feel. There is zero comfort element to this place. On top of that, there was some sort of gang activity in the room next to me and I honestly feared for my safety. Didn't sleep a wink and would never pay to do it again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank 516mr
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I found this motel to be perfectly adequate for the price. The beds were comfortable, flat screen TV was great, there was adequate room in the hotel, and no carpet (I like a carpet-free room). Bathroom and shower were actually quite good. It was obvious the rooms had been updated somewhat recently. I didn't get to visit the motel pool because it was raining, but it looked very nice from where my room was located. I do have a few suggestions. 1) Provide free internet. Paying for internet was costly and complicated. In this "age of technology" there is no excuse for a hotel to not have free internet. (After all, highway rest stops manage to provide free wi-fi.) 2) Oh, one other complaint: PROVIDE SHAMPOO. Please. Isn't there a cost-effective way to do this? Thank goodness I had thrown a motel sized shampoo from a different hotel into my travel bag. This time I was prepared, but in the past when I've stayed unexpectedly at a Motel 6 I have found myself using bar soap to wash my hair. Not good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family