Motel 6 Ann Arbor
ComfortInn
US$84
US$169
US$116
Candlewood Suites - Detroit/Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
US$134
US$130
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
US$81
US$77
Red Roof
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
US$243
US$225
US$154
TownePlace Suites
US$221
US$210
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2010

This hotel was terrible! There were no amenities at all, the bathroom door wouldn't close, the towels were dirty, the beds were hard as rocks, and the floor was so filthy you didn't want to put your feet on it. Our worst ever hotel experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank toomuchtravelforever
Reviewed 16 January 2010

I stayed here for one full week, as I visited a friend. I spent about 48 hours straight at the motel after I became too ill to fly home. I was glad I paid just a little extra for the fridge and microwave. I was very comfortable and stayed plenty warm while it snowed outside.

I have one complaint: the wi-fi was terribly unreliable. They charge $2.99 for a password that supposedly gives you 24 hours of access, but I probably got one hour for my $2.99 because the network was almost impossible to connect to.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2009

The Motel 6 was a good value especially for a football weekend in Ann Arbor. The location was good. The rooms were fairly clean but nothing special. I still can't believe that there was not any soap in the room.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marywasky
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I traveled to Ann Arbor for an admitted students weekend, and decided to save a few bucks and stay in the Motel 6 on South State Street. That was easily one of the worst purchasing decisions I have ever made. As soon as I was dropped off my stomach sank. The grounds are gross and in a bad part of town. When I walked into the front office I was overpowered by an aroma of paint thinner. The desk clerk was nice enough, so I don't have complaints about the personnel, just the grounds. I checked in, walked around to my room, and opened the door. The best way to describe the room is this: if you have ever been to an Ikea, and seen one of the model rooms with the small bed crammed into a corner with weird looking furniture and light-colored wooden floors, imagine that. Now replace the nice, moody soft lighting with bright florescent lights. Replace the smooth, hardwood flooring with a weird, almost straw-textured surface. Replace those clean, soft mattresses with rock-hard disgusting ones, and place over them worn-out thin comforters with dark stains placed randomly throughout. Sprinkle some cockroach legs around the corners, and you may have an idea of what you are in for. As if that wasn't bad enough, the bathroom is actually even worse. I turned on the shower, and it was immediately apparent to me that the drain was stopped-up. The bathtub quickly filled, and when it had completely drained, dark clumps of hair were left all over the bottom of the tub. Gross.

My philosophy is this: life is short, and if you have the means to afford $20 more per night, by God spend it, and move to another hotel. On the morning I left for the airport, I went over the Four Points Sheraton to catch the Michigan Flyer, and was literally jealous of all of the people in the lobby. My advice is to get on Priceline or Hotwire, and find a 3-star in the area. Cabs into town are not that expensive, which you will likely need anyway from this hell hole. Had I not been by myself, and known that I would not be spending much time in the room, I would have left the first night. As it was, I was very tempted to do so.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank anaccidentaltourist
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Don't know were to start, so I will list a few things that REALLY dissappointed me. If it was not so late, I would have found another hotel.

Items I discovered at some point throughout the night.

Toilet wouldn't quit running until I fixed it.
Draft from around the door could blow out a match.
No tissues
No shampoo
No conditioner
Fecal stains on the toilet (great to find out in the middle of the night!!!!)

Heat that didn't work well for the first couple of hours (helped after I put the towels under the door) until early morning when it skyrocketed to around 80'ish when I woke up sweating.

All I wanted was clean and warm....boy was I dissapointed overall. One good thing is that the bed appeared to be clean. Based on other items though, I am not sure about my confidence level.

On a very positive note, the lady at the front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 11_Travels4fun_11