“OMG Wonderful”

Ranked #7 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Flint, Michigan
“OMG Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Best nights stay ever except honeymoon 38 years ago today. Mike and Lana made us feel like king and queen for the day. Stone Chalet felt like a castle.The whole experience felt Enchanting. Excellence breakfast and no request was denied from a guitar to the cheese plate. Thank you trip advisor for the referral. Thank you Mike and Lana for a wonderful night. We will be back and send others to you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank damomma4u2
Lana H, Owner at Stone Chalet Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
We really glad you came and hope to see you again sometime! You both have a really positive outlook on life. And thanks for teaching me Horse With No Name. Maybe next time you come I'll play it for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Thebes, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I were in town for business. We chose the Stone Chalet because of its location, and the uniqueness of its character. We had a garden view room with a double bed and a day bed. The room had a gas fireplace, which we found convenient as the weather turned a bit chilly both evenings. The balcony is narrow, and is shared with the adjacent room, but it was a nice spot to step and get a bit of fresh air.

The breakfast was very good, but the portions are small (they make note of this, and do state you can request larger portions when filling out the breakfast form). The breakfast both mornings were meatless. I do not know if this is always the case, but something to keep in mind if you're looking for a hearty breakfast. Everything served was delicious, though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Shapley_Hunter
Suttons Bay, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

New owners have only been in place for less than a year, but have made good progress in upgrading the facility. Nice older home (1915) with lots of charm. It has had numerous additions over the years, as at one time it was utilized as a church and parsonage. It is located in a very desirable part of town, close to U of M and the downtown attractions. As I understand it, all beds have been replaced with new king size beds (ours was new and very comfortable). Room was well decorated and cozy, also quiet. The bath was very clean, but quite tiny. Owner stated that they were on an upgrade campaign, but they are making progress.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jim R
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My 2 daughters and I stayed in the "China room" last night. I believe it was the same room as the previous person posted about, it did have an extremely squeaky bed but fortunately my daughter who slept in it doesn't move much when she sleeps, and we visited in January so we used the fireplace(which made for a very cozy and warm room), not the air conditioner. The room was beautifully decorated and had nice antique furniture, overall our room was nice and spacious and very clean. We had keys to the house and keys to our room, which was very convenient for coming and going and feeling our items were secure. The owners were nice and friendly and seemed very hard at work on improving what is already a nice B&B. The breakfast menu was simple and the food was great. My daughters and I each had Koshi cereal, yogurt with freshly sliced strawberries, scrambled eggs(my older daughter had a cheese omelet), toast with butter and extremely yummy jam, orange juice and coffee. A full hearty breakfast that we enjoyed in their beautiful dining area with gorgeous place settings. We called this our home away from home because they have a very friendly dog at this B&B and my daughters loved it, we have a dog and it made them feel very at home. What more can I say, we loved our visit at the Stone Chalet, and we would definitely visit them again if we go to Michigan. I'd like to say thanks to the new owners and I wish them much success!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dominique W
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived around 11:00 at night to find that the hotel had been sold between the time I booked our room and the date we arrived. No notification. The gentleman/new owner was very nice and friendly. Typical older B and B, although the main area of this one is an old church. Our room was large with it's own bathroom. There were two beds as we requested, a fireplace [we were there in the summer] and a balcony [woke up to thunder, lightening and rain]. Neither my son nor I slept well. My bed was right below the air conditioner and it blew directly on me. If I turned it warmer, the room got too warm, but when I turned it colder, I froze. My son's bed was sooooo creaky that every time he moved or rolled over it made a very loud noise. Breakfast came with the room and it was fine. The coffee was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank bobbie R
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was anxious when I arrived, as I booked this B&B because of lack of availability in AA that week even when the reviews were scary. The full amount had been charged to my account 2 weeks in advance when I had been told I would pay on arrival... Owner's son who "welcomed" me (didn't even say hi), put me in another room that the one I booked and watched me carry a very heavy suitcase and a bag up the stairs without flinching. He then ran away. No explanation about breakfast, keys, nothing. Then I saw noone until the morning after when I ate what I ordered from a menu I didn't understand. I met the brand new owners that night when they were moving in, and already they had changed the breakfast menu to items I could understand. They were extremely nice and welcoming and I believe they might do something great with that B&B. The rooms were fabulous so with great owners, I think I'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business