“Delightful Dixboro General Store” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 83 things to do in Ann Arbor
Fort Myers, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Delightful Dixboro General Store”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Dixboro is a small town just outside of Ann Arbor. It is like a mini trip to Vermont! The Dixboro General Store is delightful. I visited just after Christmas and it had delightful Christmas items for sale.
If you don't like history and don't like country decorating, this won't be your favorite. But I loved wandering through the big old country home and living in the past.
Dixboro General Store is only about 1 mile off US 23 North - Plymouth Road exit 41 head east.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Travity

A TripAdvisor Member
“A great place for decorating ideas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2006

There's a lot to see here! They were unloading a big truck of outdoor "gardeny" stuff yesterday, and I wish the weather would hurry up and get better so I can go back and check it all out! Inside felt like spring though, because of all the floral wreaths and easter items. I actually went there because I'm looking for a new couch and I heard they had some nice choices. I have to go back though, because I didn't leave myself enough time. I guess I got too carried away looking at all the other things for the rest of the house! I'd highly recommend stopping there to anyone.

“Skip It”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2003

The Dixboro Store is okay. I cannot imagine driving hours for a visit. If your home is decorated in the over priced country look stuff (country lace curtains, scented candles and wood signs) you will love it. If you choose a more classic approach to decorating you will be disappointed. The only thing I would recommend is there dip mix that they carry. Other than that I would not plan a day trip around the place.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2002

Stopped here for the first time recently and loved it! The selection of home accessories was fantastic. And with all the candles and potpourris, the store smelled so good! It was well worth my time, and I came away with a bagfull of of new decorations.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member