“Michigan Art Museum”

University of Michigan Museum of Art
Ranked #9 of 93 things to do in Ann Arbor
More attraction details
Owner description: Among the best university art museums in the U.S., this on-campus museum has a particularly fine collection of Asian art through the ages.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This university art museum is a treasure in our city. The docents and curators do a great job in creating and explaining exhibits. One can easily wander through the museum for hours admiring the great art, but I recommend looking in the odd places (inside small rooms) for placards about the building and memorials to UM students who served this country in war times.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Was an excellent visit. We expected an 1-2 hour tour - ended up all day! Free to get in and it had dozens of exhibits. It's easy to get loose time in this place. Allot of varied artworks/exhibits - It is worth the time - parking can be a hassle so prepare.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

A great stop on campus, beautiful works of art. The glass exhibits are gorgeous, and we were amazed by how quiet it was.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Had a pretty good collection of art. Quite a few names I remember from my Art History classes. At the time, there was an extremely odd "art" movie that played, it played two separate scenes on 2 screens. I will go again next time I'm in Ann Arbor, as the works will probably have changed. It is a free attraction

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I hope this treasure on campus is not overlooked. I try to make a quiet visit every time I am in Ann Arbor. I am never disappointed by the quality if the exhibitions. I learn something new every time.