We stay here for value and convenience and the Lamp Post offers both. Sure, it's not the Four Seasons but unless you plan to spend all day in your room and miss room service, how important is that? This last trip we realized that the little strip mall around the side of the Lamp Post is also a resource--Trader Joes and a sandwich shop, cleaners, other stores. And in warm weather, DQ Blizzard lovers, there's a DQ just around the corner. And free Wifi that's perfectly serviceable.
Only gripe: the pillows are sad little things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mid-Century Colonial "Boutique Motor Lodge" - Approx 1.8 Mi south of UM Campus, 1.5 mi W of US 23, at Exit 37B. Excellent adjacent and nearby amenities including trader Joe's market. Easy access to Bus, Bike, Taxi or Uber into town. Kitchenettes and Studio suites available. We are a clean, safe well-located place to stay having new owners and newly renovated rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Post Hotel Ann Arbor
- Lamp Post Ann Arbor
- The University Inn Ann Arbor, Michigan