Comfort Inn & Suites University South
  • Restaurant
US$84
US$154
Hotels.com
Candlewood Suites - Detroit/Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$130
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$154
US$147
US$83
US$79
Red Roof
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
US$231
US$225
Orbitz.com
All reviewsstayed hereroom was cleanhot tubjuice and coffeestate stbudget hotelbriarwood mallbagelswould stay againthe breakfast areabig housered roof innshuttle servicevery nice hotelfootball weekendmini fridgehot breakfast
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I left a gold necklace on the sink and came back to the hotel the day I checked out (Saturday) to try and retrieve it. The front desk staff said there was no one in housekeeping I could check with and refused to let me check the room. After begging to go look she asked me to leave without taking any info. I called 2 days later and spoke to someone who had heard nothing about this (apparently they have a lost and found log that my info was not in) but said she'd get back to me. Finally demanded to speak to a manager after I heard nothing back. I spoke with Maggie the GM who was rude and unhelpful. She kept saying " I don't understand why no one documented this." Sounds like a problem with your staff not me. The necklace was never found and nothing was done to ever bring me back to that hotel again. Maggie didn't even apologize for her staff giving me the run around.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We spent 1 Saturday night here during a visit to Ann Arbor. It's right off the highway and near lots of shopping/restaurants (we ate dinner at the Macaroni Grill across the street). It was a bit of a long trek to our room - up the elevator, down the hall, turn and go to the end of the hall...But the room was clean and comfortable. The beds were great. We had a microwave and fridge (didn't request it or anything), and made use both for leftovers, so that was a bonus. The hot tub was not working while we were there. The breakfast was definitely adequate (hot and cold food - the oatmeal was hidden in the far away corner with the coffee), but PACKED on Sunday morning when we went down. I would recommend this place without hesitation.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

If you want a reasonably priced, clean room, Comfort Inn is your place. The staff was professional and friendly, they have added a complimentary breakfast, and the room was very clean and had good linens. The only problem was a very slow internet.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My husband & I stayed here for our anniversary. We had the suite with king size bed & hot tub. We were impressed on how nice the room was. It was clean and the cost was reasonable! We will be staying here again for a night away.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2011

After a poor experience at the Sheraton due to a flood following problems with the sprinkler system there, and after walking, with cases and at 10.30 at night in the dark, across a highway and several parking lots, we arrived to find a friendly receptionist who was efficient and helpful. Rooms were made available without any documentation or fuss and whist the rooms are basic, they were clean. It would have helped if the shower had been more efficient, though.

Breakfast was set out and again, rather basic to what I would have received at the Sheraton, at least there was hot coffee and muffins.

Whilst a Comfort Inn may not be the standard of hotel that I would normally check in to, I was pleasantly surprised at the service level and may consider the chain in the future and certainly recommend to others on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business