“Decent, quiet, but useless WiFi”

Comfort Inn & Suites University South
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 16 July 2012

A clean, reasonably quiet, comfortable budget hotel. Advertising that it has Wi-Fi, however, is a joke. Speedwise, it brought back unpleasant memories of mid-90s dial-up service. The bathtub drain was ever slower than the Wi-Fi the first morning, but I asked that it be fixed and it was that day, so kudos for responsiveness. Fridge and microwave in each room was a nice touch. As others have noted, the breakfast area is tiny, so arriving as early as you can will get you a seat. Wake-up call on time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed with my Husband for a couple of days to relax and just loved everything about this place, the staff are friendly, the breakfast is good, they also got an indoor pool and hot tub and to our surprise they have a complimentary meal during the week!!! We will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosalbaVennus P
Reviewed 19 June 2012

we were in the area for medical apointments at UofM ...the hotel gave us a great rate for that,,room was clean and comphy, breakfast ok,my only complaint was the chlorine in the hot tub burned my eyes,,,,everything else else was fine,,,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tammy38
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed may 5, 2012 and may 6, 2012 the first night was in a suite 155.00 a night it was ok,
the second night was Sunday night and I needed a wake up call for 5:30am I ask for it when I checked in and double checked before I went to sleep with the front desk because who else you going to check with?
Amagine my surprise when I woke up at 7:30am late for work!! The older man at the desk could see I was upset and dripping wet trying to get out in a hurry, he handed me a 00.00 balnce sheet and said I wouldn't be charched for the room.
Amagine my surprise when I got my checking account statement and I was indeed charged for the room! I went there last night June 11, 2012 to talk to a manager only introducing herself with a first name and said well, that was a month ago what do you want me to do about it, she said I should have came in sooner! I just got my bank statement! SO NEVER NEVER PAY WITH A DEBT CARD ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD WITH THIS PLACE CAUSE YOU WILL GET NOTHING YOUR PROMISED!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We had a spacious quite room. The breakfast was good and the room was big enough. We slept well. Our complaint was the bed spread was stained and the pillows were to small.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Typical Comfort Inn experience--nothing upscale or elegant, but all clean, serviceable, friendly staff, ample parking, located just off interstate and State Street, which leads directly to UM campus and downtown. We had a suite unit, much larger and more comfortable than standard room. Three downsides: It was graduation weekend so rates were obscenely high, 5 star rates for a 3 star property. The room seemed a bit worn, maybe time for some carpet and drape updating. Breakfast menu was fine, but breakfast space is ridiculously small for size of property, creates a "breakfast zoo" most mornings.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My significant other and I stayed one night in a suite, just for a day of relaxation. The room was very nice, clean, and the jacuzzi tub was wonderful. The suite actually had two rooms--one having a couple of love seats and a big screen tv and a little kitchenette/dining area with a sink and mini-fridge. The other room included a king-sized bed, jacuzzi, and another big screen tv.

We were there during a week-day, so a complimentary dinner buffet was served, which is nice. Unfortunately it was not in the least vegetarian friendly, so we didn't get much out of it. Breakfast was better because of the fresh waffles. Delicious! Though the juice they serve in the juice machine is absolutely disgusting. I ended up just drinking water.

Overall, though, we were both very happy with our stay. Room and waffles--very good! Juice--bad! I would recommend it despite the juice, though. :)

Room Tip: Go with a suite.