“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Very clean and friendly staff during a hectic time. The rooms were nice and comfy. The breakfast was also great and a lot to choose from. I have stayed at many other places and this one was really great. It is right off the freeway, which makes it easy to get in and out. Unfortunately, the TV was old and could use updating. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Assonet, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We were looking for a place to stay before a wedding we were traveling to in Ann Arbor. This place fit the bill nicely. Super-convenient location and more amenities than we expected. We could have stayed longer and would have if we were not already scheduled to stay with several other couples at another hotel within walking distance of the Comfort Inn. Very good free breakfast and we were surprised by a free unadvertised supper (Mon - Thurs only) the night before, too. WiFi seemed spotty, but the food, nice hot tub and pool, in-room fridge and microwave, and very pleasant staff more than made up for it. I would easily stay there again if we found ourselves in the Ann Arbor area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin G
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

The WIFI here does not work, the comforters are disgusting, the towels looked like they were turning blue from being so old, the TV in our room did not work (finally had to have a front desk employee come up to our room to help us, it was very intrusive and a large pain--even the employee admitted the TVs often do not work), the room smelled of smoke and is very small and stuffy, and there were old stains on our sheets. One front desk employee offered us a 10% discount - we declined because we'd rather just pay for our room and never have to deal with this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bob E

Travellers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Spent one night here in September, 2012, to visit UM. The hotel is right off the freeway, so it is really easy to get to and to get gas before leaving town.

The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the swimming pool and hot tub were deserted. The breakfast was plentiful and had lots of variety. My only complaint was that getting onto the wireless was a bit slow/cumbersome. Oh, and the pillows were squishy, but that is a matter of personal taste.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quietest.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Lodi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I travel to Ann Arbor nearly every year for a football game. My first choice is always this hotel. I can't seem to match elsewhere the clean rooms, consistent service, great rates and location. I stayed there again two nights earlier this month. The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the breakfast excellent. The Manager - Maggie - is friendly, hands-on and role-models customer service for her staff; she operates a very well-run hotel. I was made to feel comfortable. On my morning of departure I left the hotel very early, even before the complimentary breakfast time had begun.The host preparing it gave me a couple of food items out of the kitchen despite the time. I simply have never had a bad nor even a marginal experience at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Steve L
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn several times in the past four years. Initially I was quite pleased with the property, and it was soooo much better than the other Comfort Inn at Carpenter and Washtenaw. But over time I have noticed it getting rather shabby. The cleanliness is not up to par, the beds are not as comfortable, the pool is becoming a disaster and the WiFi is a joke.

I do not say these things lightly. I am very quick to write a good review if I like a place. The location for this hotel is great - right across the street from Briarwood Mall and not far from the U of M stadium. There are lots of restaurants within a reasonable distance, and it is right off I-94.

As I mentioned, I stayed here a lot in the beginning because it was good quality at a good price, but as the quality has declined, I have taken my business elsewhere.

I have been wondering if this hotel is under new management - maybe the same guys who run the one on Carpenter. If the owners would spend the money to rehab the property and take care of it, this could be #1 on my list again.

Room Tip: In my experience, the rooms I've had on the third floor are preferable to rooms on the other flo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Glencairn, Ont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed for 5 nights over the Labour Day weekend while working in Saline. My room on the 3rd floor was comfortable, clean and spacious. Every thing worked. Wireless was a bit weak so I plugged in instead. The indoor pool and hot tub were excellent. The workout equipment looked fine, but I was too lazy to try it. The hotel is close to every thing in Ann Arbor. The staff were friendly and efficient. I will definitely stay there again when I'm in the area. The free breakfast was better than going to McDonald's..... sausages, scrambled eggs, pancakes, etc, juice and coffee. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business