“Exceptional service”

Comfort Inn & Suites University South
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here everything was avaerage accept the service was acceptional. Claire at the front desk made our trip stress free as possible and was very diligient in making sure all guests were looked after......

Great job!

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We have stayed at this CI several times on trips to visit family in Ann Arbor. It is comfortable, quiet, clean, and convenient to freeway and shopping mall. Has been recently remodeled so in good condition. Breakfast is only fair but on a par with this price point hotel. Rooms are good size. Staff is friendly and helpful. Good value for Ann Arbor. You do need a car to get to downtown and u iversity area as it is several miles from there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I'm traveling through Michigan for interviews and decided to stay in Ann Arbor at the last minute. I'm not the type of person to complain, but I was disappointed with the service and quality of this Comfort Inn for the price. I arrived late in the evening and the bed wasn't made and both trash cans were full. I informed the clerk at the front desk and he said "sorry but there's not much we can do". I would suggest staying somewhere else if you have the option.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank UltimateTraveler405
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had an issue with having the wrong date booked and needed help in getting a refund because I was booked as a "no show". They took care of it promptly and offered to rebook my reservation in the future. Steven Dally was the person who took care of me and was very understanding, accommodating and gave me awesome customer service. In situations like this, you sometimes expect push back, but he was very positive when I told him what the problem was and offered a quick solution. I told him I would be definitely remember this when booking another room in Ann Arbor next time. I highly recommend this hotel based on how they respect their customers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had a weekend reservation at this hotel for 11 months and spoken to them several times about a room change, including twice that week. Ann Arbor sells out on football weekends. I had changed my contact info to my cell phone since I was traveling. My cell phone number was on the reminder reservation they sent me so they definitely had the right number. When I tried to check in with 2 other people, after midnight since I had a guaranteed reservation till 7AM the next day according to their reservation email, they had cancelled my reservation and gave my room to someone else!. They had tried to run my card at 9:30 that night, they said, and had a problem. However, they did NOT even TRY to call my cell as the contact number they had. They called my home in CA!!! They cancelled my reservation and left 3 of us stranded in a sold out city! The night clerk helped find a room in ANOTHER CITY. We got to bed at 4AM. That hotel, a MUCH NICER PLACE, cost me an additional $238. I tried to call the hotel GM for 3 days after I returned home and was ignored. He had been told what happened the next day, Sat and purposely would NOT return my calls until I filed a formal complaint with Choice Hotels. He didn't care what happened, that they didn't use the contact number given, left us stranded and cost me an additional $238. He offered one night stay at his hotel, that's all. I went back to Choice Hotels and raised the level of complaint. They only offered $50 in coupons! When I refused, they raised their offer to $100 in Choice Hotel coupons. I had to spend an additional $238 because of their mistake. In addition the supervisor I spoke with at Choice Hotels also did not care what had happened, even stating that if there is a card problem, they have NO RESPONSIBILITY to even try to contact you!!! They just give away your room! Calling, he said, was just a courtesy, He didn't care that they had called THE WRONG NUMBER! Neither the hotel GM who had ignored my calls, nor Choice Hotels corporate took ANY responsibility for what happened! They just DON'T CARE about customers.
Stay away from this hotel and other Choice Hotels because if you have any problems, they will IGNORE YOU, and take NO RESPONSIBILTY for their mistakes or the consequences..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank R B
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is located close to the freeway. It seems to be newly renovated as well and a clean and inviting hotel to stay while on the road for business. The Front desk staff ( Nicole ) was very helpful with hotel layout and local entertainment as well.

Kustom

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chad1010
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had a few qualms about staying at this hotel. I have had a lot of bad experiences at hotels especially ones in the mid-west. This stay proved to be one of the best I have had in many years. One reason being was that when I arrived I was under a great deal of stress. But when I walked and was welcomed so warmly by the attendant, I almost instantly felt the stress was lifted. She was so helpful. When I needed more towels, I walked down there Nicole offered to bring them up for me. Just a great experience, I felt I'd remark on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business