“Great place to take an 8 year old!”
Review of Great Lakes Zoological Society - CLOSED

Great Lakes Zoological Society
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to take an 8 year old!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Surprisingly fun place to visit and spend an hour or two with a child. Great layout and nice exhibits. If you are in a group, call ahead and they will do a show & tell & touch of the reptiles.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank LuisfromVA

Lansing, Michigan, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“BLOWN AWAY”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Wow... I was actually shocked by this place. I went in not knowing anything about it... seemed a bit shady but I am usually up for trying new places so we went for it! There are SO many reptiles.... ones that you have never seen before. They were HUGE too.... not little snakes and lizards... I am talking massive reptiles. I am no expert on animals but I thought the selection was amazing.

We went with a large group and the staff was very nice and helpful. They took animals out for us to pet and view up close which was a nice personal touch.

This place is pretty wheelchair friendly incase that is a concern... the bathrooms are large and clean, in general the building was clean. They also have an adorable gift shop with a lot of options for purchasing items.

If you can, I would call ahead to arrange a tour, gets you a little bit more information about the animals (more than you can read on their information sections)

Overall.... definitely will return.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Emma N
Howell, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice, but not sure I would call it a "zoo"”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

PROS - Animals very interesting (some of them have been given to the "zoo" because owners unable to care for), clean, no smell, lots of anti-bacterial, employees very nice, clean bathroom, ample free parking. Cool animals - blue frogs! Nice, little gift shop.

CONS - Very small - more like a larger pet store. My kids thought it was interesting, but no way could we spend a whole hour there. I really think the word, "zoo" is a stretch, but kudos to the people/employees who take in these animals.

We had a Groupon, so we spent $12 for a family of 4. Not sure I would be happy to pay more than that, but of course, it goes back to the animals, so could be worth it to you.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank pilotwife517
Detroit, Michigan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fun for the family!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We had fun on our visit here. We spent approx. an hour viewing the exhibits. This is a small place, but there is much to look at and learn! The staff was friendly, the exhibits were clean, the restroom was clean, the reptiles, snakes, birds appear to be very well cared for. My kids really enjoyed their visit, and they even bought a little souvenir in the gift shop. We will definitely visit again.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank cheyfaith
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Way fun for a great price”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Wonderful way to spend an afternoon! Aaron one of the workers there answered a lot of questions for us and was very knowledgeable. The animals were very active and very visible for all the kids to see. The price was inexpensive especially for a membership.

5 Thank JC8879